Palm Beach Gardens Mall Apple Store, Florida

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by AndreaN, Jun 20, 2010.

1. AndreaN macrumors member

Who's going? Planning on getting there between 6:00-6:30 since I have a confirmed reservation. But some are saying pre order lines are going to be longer so don't know if I should get there earlier or just wait till everything dies down? This is my first launch day. I live closer to Wellington Mall but was not able to get a reservation. Also the Apple Worker i spoke to at the Mall told me that the food court entrance would be open for those getting there early.

2. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Thanks for the info Andrea! I'll be there, and I'm bringing a friend along. I was planning on getting there at 6; nice to know where to enter the mall. Maybe I'll see you in the morning... :)

3. kcbyers macrumors newbie

kcbyers

Hey guys, I'll be there too, i was thinking more around 5am because i dont have a reservation, thanks for at&t,they screwed it for me, and does anyone know how many entrances will be open?

4. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

Yup 6 is looking to be the time i get there. I also will be bringing a friend ha i do not wanna go through a day like this alone. But as far as know the food court its going to be the entrance we use, but if you call or find out otherwise please report back to this thread and let me know i don't wanna be driving around the mall like a crazy person. i just wanna get my phone peacefully. haha

5. shoreline314 macrumors newbie

How does it work for lining up PBG Mall?

Basically everyone is lines up at the Food Court entrance until 7:00 am?

I had a reservation with Radio Shack but when I spoke to them today they said that they were not receive any. :mad: So I have to line up without an reservation at Apple. Not sure what is a good time but I am thinking 5:00 am would be ideal.

6. kcbyers macrumors newbie

kcbyers

Same here, I just want my iPhone an get out of there, if I knew anything about different entrance I'll post it here.
    Goodluck all

7. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

alrighty thanks
    super excited though just really hoping for a smooth process and i pray no servers crash

8. kcbyers macrumors newbie

kcbyers

My wife was at the Gardens Mall earlier today, she asked the apple people and the guard about the opening time and which entrance, she was told that the Ruby Tuesday entrance will be open at 7am, and as far as I know, the food court entrance is different from the Ruby Tuesdays entrance!

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

So, I could go to the mall and meet other MacRumors members right now?! Haha

Good luck with getting a phone guys!

10. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

11. gloomcookie1, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010

gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

Does that mean I should wait til 11?

Lolol...so much for that. Just went there and the lines were snaking around the corner. Oh well, I guess I'll be booking it there after I pickup my wife and son around 6:30.

12. susanjane macrumors newbie

According to @TheGardensMall on Twitter, Apple has cut off the line for iPhone4 walk in buyers today.

13. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I just saw that...I'm guessing the reservation line is still huge....I would try to go back up there at 1 but if the line is still huge I can't stay out of work for more than an hour.

14. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

i successfully got my iphone 4! no problems! I got there about 6:30 and walked out around 9:30 with the iphone. at about 7:30 maybe 8 or so apple employees came out and told walk ins that made the cut off and that 16gb and 3gs were left and a lot left after that. Another Apple worker said that everyone who was in the pre order line would without a doubt walk out with a phone. Once inside the store everything took about 10 minutes, but i didnt have my contacts synced because i knew i just had to come home and sync with the backup. Everything was really smooth bumper case was awesome but i wanted a different color so opted not to get one, but i am scared. I dont wanna scratch or break it.

15. kcbyers macrumors newbie

kcbyers

Congrats, I'm glad you did get your phone, and I'm glad it was a good experience for you, but here's what happened after 9:30, the apple store manager decided to let in 40 people from the pre ordered lane and 1 person from the walkin, for every 40 people only 1 goes in, I was in line from 4 am till 12:30 and still 35 people infront of me, it was one of the worst organized events I ever seen. I understand that reordering is to reserve your phone and guarantee that you get it on that date but not to allow you to
    run over other people, but for the store manager it's lime he didn't care.

Anyway, I thought AT&T are a bunch of losers, they messed my pre-order in first place but the apple store manager made AT&T look great.

16. shoreline314 macrumors newbie

I was there from 5am to 4pm and ended up leaving minus the iPhone. I was in the same position(40 while watching people up front just cut into the line) for the last two and half hours. That was the last straw!

It was the worst launch I have ever gone to! I have no idea why they were letting in so few of the "walk-ins". The employees kept telling me that it was all preordained by corporate (aka: the Mothership), which was just a bunch of BS. It feels like they just wanted to keep the appearance that people lined up like cattle for the phone. Makes no sense and ended up pissing off a ton of people including me.

17. susanjane macrumors newbie

I drove all the way from Boca to the Gardens Mall only to encounter a jerky Apple employee saying that they were only letting those with reservations get the phone, while there were clearly two signs "Purchases" "Reservations." I was on the Macrumors forum ALL day and Twitter-ing with @TheGardensMall and it seemed like I had a chance to get a phone without a reservation.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was pissed off.

Good thing I live by the Wellington Mall. I'll try there this weekend.

18. shoreline314 macrumors newbie

Reserve an iPhone

susanjane before I left I was able to reserve an iPhone with the store manager. Most likely they are going to be sold out everywhere this weekend. I was "told" that I would be emailed when the phone arrives and able to walk in and walk out. She told me that next week would likely time that it would arrive. I did receive a confirmation email about the reservation from Apple reiterating what the manager said.

Good luck.

19. susanjane macrumors newbie

how were you able to reserve? could you just walk in and do so? or did you have to go through the line? i had no idea that it was possible to reserve an iPhone that way.

20. shoreline314 macrumors newbie

Neither did I until today

It came up in my conversation with the manager. Check out the confirmation email.

Attached Files:

21. kcbyers macrumors newbie

kcbyers

Tuesday the 29th at&t will open their stores to walk ins, after i left the mall today i passed by the okeechobee store and the manager assured me they have a huge shipment coming in :D, but honestly guys, after all the negative reviews about the reception problems and weak signal, im now hesitant, in my office and with the 3gs i have a bad signal, varies between 1 to 2 bars at best and most of the time no 3g signal only Edge, with the new iphone i bet i will have nothing :eek:

im so attracted to the EVO 4G now