Palo Alto - University Ave Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bobweder, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bobweder macrumors newbie

Reserved mine for pickup at the University Ave. store. Prefer to take part in the excitement of mingling with the crowd outside the store and the party atmosphere within...versus waiting for UPS to show up.

I was working at that store when the first iPhone was released. What an awesome experience. And I've been to the store to get the next two versions. How could I NOT go in person again?!!

Look for me in line. I'll be wearing the pre-release iPhone t-shirt we wore as Apple store employees.

//Bob

2. celeste808 macrumors newbie

Palo Alto - University Ave. Store

Reserved mine on the 15th for pickup here. So excited!!!! But it seems to not be as popular a choice as the Stanford Mall or Valley Fair. Why?

3. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

I'm guessing it's because parking can be hell there

4. datapolitical macrumors regular

datapolitical

Camping out isn't possible at Stanford or Valley Fair

I've never had trouble getting a space in the lot below city hall, even when it's packed on a Friday night. I got my 3G at the Stanford store two years ago, and it was annoying lining up in the middle of the mall.

I'm gonna be there a few hours early with my younger brother (it's his birthday present, one month and one day late). So yea, it should be fun.

Come join us if you couldn't get a pre-order in through Apple, or if AT&T screwed you over.

5. DennisVar macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered from Apple, but could only get the store pick-up because the AT&T verification was down. So I will be in line as well @ University Ave.

For anyone concerned about parking around University, if you go about 2-3 blocks towards Hawthorne Ave or Everett, there's a quiet residential area that usually has plenty of parking and no lousy 2 hour limits.

6. DaBean macrumors newbie

Time

What time do most people start getting there?

7. huggyb macrumors member

well, because of the debacle that was pre-ordering the iphone 4 (thanks at&t), I didn't get to. So I'll be showing up as early as I can, and still go to work afterwards. I figure I'll be getting here to the University Store around 5-5:30am. If the line is bad, I'm gonna say screw it and I'll just have to wait the month before i'm able to get one.

It would be nice to know what kinda avg the apple stores are gonna get for walk-in stock.

Does anyone know if an overnight line for this store has been started?

8. kalvinandhobbes macrumors newbie

im going to go tonight around 6 or 7.....

i would call the store if you want to know if there is a line....

i'll edit this post with the number of people when i get to the store

would you guys recommend the Stanford store or this one?

9. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

what time would you suggest to be there for pre-order? i have a pre-order at the stanford shopping center.....first time getting an iphone first day.....any suggestions?

thanks.

10. kalvinandhobbes macrumors newbie

well this is the wrong store if its at Stanford :p

but as i understand Apple holds that phone for like 24 hrs....so u should just be able to walk in a get it....call just to make sure

11. huggyb macrumors member

I'm hearing the Stanford store will be crazier cuz parking is easier there. I dunno.

If you could post and mention how many are in line, that'd be awesome. I'll check back throughout the night if you can keep it updated as well.. but I just can't stay all night. feh.

12. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Guys I have two extra reservations for this store. They are for the 16gb. Mines got shipped and bb came through so I figured I'll help someone out. Pm if interested.

13. Dr4Eyes macrumors newbie

Hey bidwalj >>> totally interested here, i wasnt able to reserve my phones on time and was going to head to palo alto to try to get into the line...let me know if your offer is still open...sorry but i didnt know how to PM you on this chat...Jay

14. Gonz00 macrumors newbie

Bidwalj

Bidwalj ----> Offer still on the table? not sure how to PM :apple: