Pangu Repackage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I don't trust this foreign jailbreak. Is there going to be a repackage of this jailbreak?

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
No need.
Its been cleared as safe by many that we have trusted over the years

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Then I suggest,
Fire up itunes and do a restore to factory.
Then you only have the need to trust Apple and any holes they may have left open. :eek:

People that the community trusts have told you it's fine. But you don't know for sure that it is 100% fine. You are taking someone's word.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Then I suggest,

Fire up itunes and do a restore to factory.

Then you only have the need to trust Apple and any holes they may have left open. :eek:

I'm good. I trust the evasion7 product. The nations they come from aren't notoriously known for hacking and stealing secrets.

Why am I not allowed to voice a concern? I'm not saying don't do it. All I said was that I'm in the same boat as the OP, a little skeptical, and I'm currently waiting for a repackage too.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
although I emphasize with your concerns about the the jailbreak, there will not be a repacked version of the jailbreak

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
This product looks like a teenager made it. Evasi0n looks professional.

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Fly out there and show them how to do it ;)
https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd
Clearly explains that the means of this jailbreak would not have been used by them because of legalities, therefore there is NO reason to burn another exploit just to repackage it while not breaking the laws.

And yes I'm sure people really really want your data

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Pangu Repackage?

although I emphasize with your concerns about the the jailbreak, there will not be a repacked version of the jailbreak

I don't think there will. Is geeksnows iOS 8 beta jailbreak a repackage of the pangu7? Or is it something different? I apologize if this is a dumb question, but i would live on an iOS 8 beta for the added peace of mind that it's from someone who has made a jailbreak before.

----------

Clearly explains that the means of this jailbreak would not have been used by them because of legalities, therefore there is NO reason to burn another exploit just to repackage it while not breaking the laws.

They do. Look at Facebook and Google. People do mobile banking and enter passwords on their phones all the time. A hacker would love that info.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009

Ok that makes sense. I'll personally hold off on this one.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Pangu Repackage?

I heard it may be released from somewhere. I'm at work right now, so I can't site the source. Maybe it was reddit but I don't remember atm

Yeah he was waiting for stuff he may or may not get.

Anyways, I rest my case. I wasn't trying to start a war. I'm not criticizing anyone for jailbreaking with pangu.

All I was saying is that in general when a hack comes out of mainland China, given their reputation, id take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I don't think there will. Is geeksnows iOS 8 beta jailbreak a repackage of the pangu7? Or is it something different? I apologize if this is a dumb question, but i would live on an iOS 8 beta for the added peace of mind that it's from someone who has made a jailbreak before.
i have no idea at all. my only knowledge of geeksn0w was that it's based on winocm's opensn0w for the iphone 4 on 7.1.x

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
People that the community trusts have told you it's fine. But you don't know for sure that it is 100% fine. You are taking someone's word.

unless you reversed it and know exactly how it works and all the functions it calls
Its really the same thing, because if someone would have released a repackage would be one of those people that have already said it was fine though.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida

unless you reversed it and know exactly how it works and all the functions it calls
Yea this is true for all jailbreaks and any potential repackaging
There is a large element of trust
Such is necessary to break apples chains, you decide :)
What we do for freedom :)

From what I've seen Saurik has blessed it and that's good enough for me.

Personally I'm very glad the Chinese are working on jailbreaks, the more the marrier
Though ideally I would prefer apple would just allow it, so we don't require hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.