Panic in Hillaryville?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I'm not calling it but would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in Team Hillary's strategy sessions. In a matter of weeks she's gone from pre-determined coronation to actually having to work for the nomination. Man, she's now given three interviews with the media. Three! Panic is the only reason Hillary would deign to speak with the media.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This is your favorite talking point.

I've been trying to tell you that you shouldn't fall for that kind of rhetoric.

But it seems to suit your agenda, so you keep repeating it.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

She should be used to this by now. Same thing happened 7 years ago or so IIRC.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yes ... her first pre-determined coronation. :rolleyes:

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

You recall correctly. Seven years ago, Hillary assumed the nomination was automatically hers until along came Obama. Fast-forward to the present, and Hillary is sputtering with helpless rage that once again the automatic coronation that she expected and deserved was snatched from her grasp.

Not only that, the other Democratic candidates are complaining that the DNC is deliberately limiting the number of debates to reduce Hillary's public exposure (knowing that the more voters see and hear Hillary, the less they like her.) That seems to be working and the DNC may be forced to hold more debates.

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Which the other candidates rightfully should. 7 years ago Hillary was screaming for more debates. Now her BFF is going to limit them to 6 and Hillary is the only one not complaining about it. hummmmm...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dnc-chair-shuts-door-democratic-debates/story?id=33657939

9. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

The real question here is will the women hold their noses in order to vote for Hillary ONLY because they want to see a woman president? At this moment, I think it's 50-50 that they will. I would be surprised if Clinton gets 45% of the male vote. With all the baggage from the last 25 years, it's amazing this is even a question.

Get ready for a tear session in NH if she tanks in Iowa. Worked 8 years ago there.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Hopefully Biden does jump in, I don't want to see Hillary as the nominee, but I don't really want Saunders to be it either as he isn't likely to be able to work with the Republicans to get anything done. Biden at least has a lot of experience, isn't too far to the left to be able to work with the Republicans, and is a white male so we won't be seeing ridiculous time wasting things like the Republicans going on witch hunts for his birth certificate.

My main concern about Biden is that he is a bit too old to be starting his first term as president, but if he chooses a good VP then that won't be as much of a worry.

11. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

OP, you should have at least gotten the name right. It's Hillarityville. :p

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Maybe he'll choose Hillary. She's was an idiot to make an enemy (kind of) of Obama when they were both trying to win the nomination. She should have made nice, begged him for the VP slot if he won and she'd at least be the first woman VP....

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It wouldn't be the worst choice, but I'd rather have him find a governor somewhere that has good experience and get them in a place to run in 2024 assuming Biden makes it through two terms.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

The Criminal versus The Great White Dope.

On Hillary’s side, she’s done yet another Madonna reinvention where the new Hillary is supposed to be less guarded and more spontaneous. We’ll be seeing her booking appointments on The View and Helen, where perhaps they’ll do an awkward dance serenade. That, and mass short term memory, might shield Hillary from the MASSIVE amount of baggage she brings.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

http://www.today.com/news/hillary-c...e-nae-ellen-bill-critiques-performance-t43416

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She's polling very well with women. Men hate her.

As for Biden, he could get elected by just showing his Colbert appearance from last night.

17. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Biden or Sanders is horrible news. Sanders is too far left to be electable, IMHO and Biden is Democratic Sarah Palin.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Voting for a Republican—with the possible exception of John Kasich, who seems to be the most rational of that party's candidates—is simply not going to happen for liberals like myself (I am a man). I'd hold my nose and vote Hillary, not because she is a woman, but because she is more liberal, more progressive, and more likely to advance my political agenda than a Republican candidate.

The real litmus test would involve women crossing party lines to vote for someone of the same gender. If they did that, then you'd have evidence of voting ONLY because they want to see a woman president.

19. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

[​IMG]

Something to think about when casting your primary vote.

20. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Hillary is out. Her campaign is basically over at this point.

21. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Good chart. Thanks for this.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Clinton should bow out before she embarrasses herself further.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Thanks he is consistent

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I really doubt she'd bow out before at least a few primaries took place.

25. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

But then she'd try to kill him.