Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Any of you in the UK get your Panther today, or are you still waiting?

I'm in Aberdeen and still waiting! Guess it will come tomorrow.:(

adders

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2003
London, UK
I've not even had a shipping notification yet, and I ordered my copy only a few minutes after it went on sale.

It's a touch shoddy, frankly.

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Mmm..mine was sent out Wed morning but has not arrived. Monday morning it is then!

So much for the evening delivery Apple promised....

steadyeddie

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
Jack: who was it delivered by? By courier or by normal parcel post? Last time I bought something from the Apple store (a LaCie CDRW), it came by TNT... just wondering!

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
Kind of relevant, I guess. Most of the people on here are in the US, first time I have seen so many UK posts on a thread! Maybe we should try and set up a sub-forum, or at least note each others User ID's.

I am in Brighton, and know no-one else with a Mac - can be a lonely old world this 'think different' stuff!

Marc

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
I got my shipping notice the morning of of Wed 22nd.

I called Apple yesterday, they said it was dispatched by 'parcel post' which I assume means Parcel Force? It might just be regular airmail --> Royal Mail from Ireland, so I'm guessing there might actually be Saturday deliveries.

Notice how it still says "order today for evening delivery on October 24th" - what's with this? How does anybody deliver in the evening?

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
I'm sure if they had shipped on monday/tuesday it would have all worked beautifully.....

I see that stateside a lot of the orders got upgraded to overnight or 2 day delivery to assure Friday afternoon delivery.

Nevermind, will be able to keep an eye on installation problems over the weekend

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
JUST this second called Apple UK, and they're all by post in the UK, meaning YES TO SATURDAY DELIVERIES.

A little sneaking if you ask me though... the message on the site means "order today for your 10.3 to be SENT by the evening of the 24th" Tut tut Apple.

Well, I'll be all ears for the doorbell in the morning.

REPEAT: There are to be NO evening deliveries in the UK.

BowiPod

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
nice one, thanks. As my copy is being delivered to my university department, I'll have to wait until Monday.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
does anyone know when PC world will be getting Panther, I am in southampon, John Lewis will not be getting it until next week sometime, I may pop down the Hedge end tonight to have a look.

steadyeddie

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
Originally posted by BowiPod
nice one, thanks. As my copy is being delivered to my university department, I'll have to wait until Monday.

Yup, same here. Mine was sent on Wednesday, to be delivered to my work address (a university). So no Panther for me this weekend either! :(

andym172

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by gotohamish
JUST this second called Apple UK, and they're all by post in the UK, meaning YES TO SATURDAY DELIVERIES.

A little sneaking if you ask me though... the message on the site means "order today for your 10.3 to be SENT by the evening of the 24th" Tut tut Apple.

Well, I'll be all ears for the doorbell in the morning.

REPEAT: There are to be NO evening deliveries in the UK.

I was told by Apple that because this is 'something very special' (to Apple) that they've tried to make sure that everybody receives their copy at 8 tonight...

Can't see it myself, but we'll see :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by marccarter
Kind of relevant, I guess. Most of the people on here are in the US, first time I have seen so many UK posts on a thread! Maybe we should try and set up a sub-forum, or at least note each others User ID's.

I am in Brighton, and know no-one else with a Mac - can be a lonely old world this 'think different' stuff!

Marc

We're here.... ;) MR London Geekfest on the 22nd November, MacExpo in Angel, London if you're interested.... :D Come up to play... ;) :D

D

davrouk

i ordered mine early last week, got my shipping confirmation wednesday together with a "spring" tracking number (never heard of them!)

still hasnt arrived (even though the store said delivery by 8pm on 24th)

wont be buying from the apple store again - i could have nipped to manchester and bought it tonight when i finished work! :mad:

wont get to play with it until late next week now due to work comittments :(

DanUk2003

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2003
Worthing, UK
Originally posted by marccarter

Marc

Marc, I live in Sussex too. You don't know anyone with a Mac?!?!

Why not go to the Solutions Inc. Panther Party tomorrow (on all day), it's on the Old Shoreham Road near Hove...

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Originally posted by cwedl
does anyone know when PC world will be getting Panther, I am in southampon, John Lewis will not be getting it until next week sometime, I may pop down the Hedge end tonight to have a look.
Going on the standard of PCWorld in Stevenage I reckon they should have it just before 10.4 comes out:rolleyes:

cuggles

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2003
Cambridge,UK
Panther in UK from AppleStore

Well I had an email from Apple yesterday after I queried the AppleStore page's promis of 'Order today for evening delivery on 24th Oct'.

I was informed by email that no copies of Panther have shipped form Apple UK / Ireland and that their logistics department had confirmed this.

All copies will ship this evening apparently according to the email I recieved, to be frank and honest I have been repeatedly let down by the service from AppleStore in the UK.

Oh and for the person asking about parcel post, it's not parcel force :( It's the slowest method of posting anything in the UK.

Disgruntled Stephen.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Re: Panther in UK from AppleStore

Originally posted by cuggles
Well I had an email from Apple yesterday after I queried the AppleStore page's promis of 'Order today for evening delivery on 24th Oct'.

I was informed by email that no copies of Panther have shipped form Apple UK / Ireland and that their logistics department had confirmed this.

All copies will ship this evening apparently according to the email I recieved, to be frank and honest I have been repeatedly let down by the service from AppleStore in the UK.

Oh and for the person asking about parcel post, it's not parcel force :( It's the slowest method of posting anything in the UK.

Disgruntled Stephen.
Quite a few folks here, myself included, have had their shipping confirmations (mine wednesday morning) and their status has changed to 'shipped' on order tracking. So are these bull****?

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
It's 8.02pm, and NO PANTHER in my hands.

Surprise surprise.

I can't believe Apple UK have fed us all such different information.

I too have that ''spring'' confirmation number - though I've no idea what that is!

I know one guy in the UK got his today after a tueday shipping confirmation, so as mine was wednesday, he's to tomorrow's post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.