Papermaster on board late April. New opinions on new iPhone this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by =MuLti-CeLL=, Jan 27, 2009.

1. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Ok, so I told myself (and others) I wasn't going to start a new thread on this subject but it's just been eating me up inside to hear other's opinions.

The new iPhone and iPod Hardware President will be on board with Apple in Late April.

I know some members here were hoping and thinking (myself included) that we could see a new iPhone in June or thereabouts and I'm not just talking 32gb but other features as well, be it 'faster processor' (quad-core?), 'better camera', 'higher RAM'.

I just feel the timing is a bit off ya know? This new guy is coming late April, well, a couple months after that is uh, June. Is the new Hardware President going to whip something up in a couple months time for WWDC? Not likely I would assume. Will he jump in the game with a new phone ready for launch just to get a taste of how things progress and work at Apple or maybe simply nothing.....nothing will happen at all. We could get a little firmware update and they could wave goodbye walking off stage with a "So yea, see ya next year!"

Of course, No one knows what's going to happen but certain folks at Apple building the things.

With the countless threads on "New iPhone this Year?", "Should I wait?", "Next iPhone will have?" this thread is intended for those that may have a new opinion due to this recent news and HEY, maybe someone could shed some light and give us a little lesson on why this will change nothing!

I don't know the guy or much about him except for what I've read today, maybe he'll just sit and watch for a while and have to play catch-up and pick-up his first 6 months or so.

Thanks for the read.

Peace. :D

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

3. aerospace macrumors 6502a

He won't have any real impact on the next iphone, more so iphone 4.0 next year.

4. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Yea, I knew that. This isn't a BREAKING NEWS thread, it's a thread for peoples opinions on how the new President of Device Hardware may effect the release of a new phone this summer.

But thanks for the link which I've been reading since I've been home from work today. ;)

5. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

No doubt!

Therefore I won't get TOO excited about WWDC yet but ya know, that's still a ways off.

Just wonderin if anyone else here had changed their mind on a higher feature phone (hardware wise) for this summer.

Thanks for the replies. :cool: