Parallells Question...Hard to describe what i mean in 1 line.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wallace86, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. Wallace86 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #1
    Okay, so, say I have parallells on a MBP, and am running XP and OSx similtaniously....On my XP side I will be using some programs such as PeerGuardian2 and "Hide My IP 2007" or simular software...Will the fact that i'm running XP and OSX similtaniously have and affect of the effectiveness of those programs? Also, If I get a virus on XP, can it affect OSX in any way? Or, if someone hacks into XP, can they hack into OSX? Or is it literally like having 2 different computers with two different IP addresses? thanks.:apple:
     
  2. CashGap macrumors 6502

    CashGap

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Location:
    Music City, USA
    #2
    Literally like having two computers with two IP addresses.

    That's the "One Sentence/90% complete" answer. The other 10% will take a few posts which I'm sure will follow!!!
     
  3. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007

Share This Page