Parents of 'Weird Al' Yankovic Found Dead FALLBROOK, California (April 11) - The elderly parents of Grammy-winning recording artist "Weird Al" Yankovic were found dead in their home, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said. Nick and Mary Yankovic were found dead Friday in their suburban San Diego home by relatives who were worried because they had not seen the couple in a while, said sheriff's Sgt. Conrad Grayson. Paramedics found Nick Yankovic, 86, in a chair in the front living room. His 81-year-old wife was on the bathroom floor. A wood fire had been set recently in the fireplace, Grayson said. "The house was full of smoke when they opened the door," Grayson said, adding that the family members found the flue closed. "Weird Al" Yankovic, 44, had no comment during a performance in Mankato, Minnesota, on Saturday night. Before the show, a graphic projected on the screens at the back of the stage dedicated the evening to his parents, KTOE-AM reported. Yankovic also canceled a meet-and-greet with selected fans. Yankovic was scheduled to appear Monday in Grand Forks, North Dakota, as part of a tour for his new album, "Poodle Hat."