Paris: Women chased out of the Chapelle-Pajol neighborhood

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ulenspiegel, May 23, 2017.

1. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

A district on the northern edge of Paris has become so culturally enriched that native French women are increasingly reluctant to appear on its streets.
    (Le Parisien)
    (English version)

chapellepajol.jpg

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Give the French women something like this

[​IMG]

It should be able to surgically remove the men's will and is relatively in expensive

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

er, they need the skills to use it as well.

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

If they dangle, then slice..:D

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Really? It sounds to me like the kind of harassment that women experience from all sorts of men, and in many less 'culturally enriched' areas of France. Get a grip.

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Where are all the French men?:confused: Are they living up to the stereotype?:rolleyes:

If it were my neighborhood, someone dude harassing my wife or daughter, I'd be out there with Louisville slugger. I would gonna knock sense into those sexually frustrated guys.:mad: The only reason I can think of for a guy to raz a woman is because he can't get any. With that attitude, they ain't gonna get any either.

A man who doesn't defend his woman ain't worthy of her.

7. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Hmm, I can't vouch for the article but last time I was in Paris I stayed in Gare Du Nord, a friend and I mistakenly went outside at night and it didn't feel very safe at all. We were both being heckled and it was very uncomfortable. I've been all over and that area in Paris was the only place I didn't feel safe.

8. 0007776 Suspended

Yep, sounds like the kinds of comments that come from perverts of all races.

9. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Sure, but somewhere like Paris there are just a ton of people just standing around on the street. As you walk by, the talk ****. It's really uncomfortable. It's a symptom of poverty though, not race.

10. Ulenspiegel thread starter macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Yes.
    "Le quartier de Pajol fait partie des zones prioritaires. Des situations de harcèlement de rue à l'égard des femmes y ont été constatées. Si les femmes ne sont pas ‘interdites’ de circuler, il existe bel et bien un fort sentiment d'insécurité", dit la mairie de Paris, affirmant travailler avec la Préfecture de police et le Maire du 18e arrondissement, "à la mise en oeuvre d'un plan d'actions dédié". (Le Figaro)

"There are several hundred square meters of asphalt abandoned to men alone, which women are no longer entitled to use. Cafés, bars and restaurants are prohibited to them. The same with the sidewalks, the subway station and the squares."
    It is really the kind of harassment that seems to be nothing uncommon.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I liked the "I call Paris the Beirut of Europe" comment. From the sounds it's a bit more than cat calling.