Parliament to debate banning Trump from UK

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ericgtr12, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016

ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Different region, different laws. Not everyone supports such hateful language.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

their country/their rules, so what happens if Trump wins? :p

3. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Sounds like he might not be making any stops there.

4. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

It'd be interesting if this went through and he was banned from the UK, doubt if he will but you never know and what would happen if other countries did the same, what position would that put the US in especially, as jkcerda says he becomes president, has this ever happened before??

5. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

maybe he should put an embargo on those crapholes... that would be fun :)

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I guess the English Parliament doesn't have anything better to do than debate on something stupid like this.:rolleyes:

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't see the problem. it will be funny as hell if Trump wins and they have to deal with him :p

8. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

ok that's fine, but you wont have any ARM designed chips in the USA, as ARM is an English company , goodbye to your smartphone industry lol

anyway this whole thing is ridiculous , he wont be banned

9. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Why so defensive, it's like this is a personal attack on you, I'd be embarrassed of him if I were you.

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Well, the second he gets elected he'll commit some impeachable offense.

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Amen!

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

please, tons of worse people when compared to Trump.

Honey Boo boo
    West Borough morons.
    the Krapdashians
    lady kaka
    most rap artist
    Obama
    Bush
    most of congress
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2016 ---
    like getting oral from an intern?

14. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

not defending that fool at all, just pointing out the hatred, its YUUUUUUGE :)

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Maybe instead of holding a presidential election, we should vote Survivor style, and start voting these people "off the island."

16. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Bit of a gap between considering something for debate and debating it.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we are almost there, hell give them all a sword and make it highlinder style (there can be only one) I guarantee you would at least get good ratings :p

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Celebrity death match!

19. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

On the contrary. The people have spoken and reached a threshold in signatures and therefore their views are debated by their politicians. There should be nothing better for politicians to do than discuss what the people want. Perhaps the problem is that your political system is so broken and you don't recognise democracy?

20. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Calling other countries crapholes is getting defensive in my book and sometimes hatred is justified as the man is clearly full of it.

21. mojolicious, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016

mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Parliament are not debating banning Trump from the UK, and such a debate wouldn't actually be required anyway: I believe that the Home Secretary is both judge and jury and she can unilaterally slap an exclusion order on any foreign national if she's "satisfied the individual’s presence in the UK would not be conducive to the public good".

You can read the Government's response here. It looks as though it's been cobbled together by a press officer; I'm pretty certain neither Theresa May nor David Cameron have made any statements in direct response to the petition.

EDIT: I take it all back. As the final 'CNN' link in the OP's post says, Parliament are debating the issue, on 18 January. What will happen is that representatives of all political parties will stand up and denounce Trump as an appalling bigot, there will be hearty self-congratulation on the subject of British Democracy In Action, and the upshot will be... no action whatsoever.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sounds like what Parliament is doing with this vote/debate. Gotta make jolly ole england one big safe space.:p

23. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I think free speech should be allowed when it is designed to open debate and all parties are willing to discuss all perspectives. But, no-one should be given a platform to rant and verbally abuse like Trump has done. He isn't trying to debate, he is trying to lecture. The arrogance of his words and his fantasy of his superior intellect (along with his hypocritical attitude towards others) should mean that he gets removed from his podium and told to stop talking for a while. The world wants to have adult conversations now and he should go play with his jets. The UK and other countries would send the right and consistent message that only opinion that can be open to debate will be given this level of publicity.

Imagine giving this guy access to a red button? He'd have his finger hovering over it 24/7.

24. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

The fact he can just make up facts as if they were real and can't even begin to defend them speaks volumes for these "Debates".

Perhaps like on this forum he should be asked to quote a source and every time he can't produce one, one of his jets gets taken out:p.

If he had access to the red button anyone who wasn't American would be forever on DEFCON 1 being the redneck he is.

25. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Sure I do. Democracy is mob rules. Kind of like when California voters passed Prop 8. :rolleyes: