Parts of Arizona now unsafe for American Citizens.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by StruckANerve, Jul 13, 2010.

1. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mz0eNDOI_0

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37557

[​IMG]

"The United States is ceding parts of Arizona to the Mexican drug cartels. So says Pinal County (Ariz.) Sheriff Paul Babeu."

"In a press conference ignored by the American national media, the sheriff described how his deputies were outmanned and outgunned by the cartel smugglers who increasingly operate using military tactics and weapons. The result, said Sheriff Babeu, was that a wide corridor of Arizona from the border North to the outskirts of Phoenix is effectively controlled by the cartels. "We do not have control of this area," the sheriff said."

This seems absolutely insane to me that the Federal Government is ignoring this problem. We should have enormous amounts of National Guard units stationed in this area to protect our soil. U.S. Citizens are now in danger in their own country from invading criminals.

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

We could. We pay a lot of people to be in our military. I wonder where they all are?

3. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

I'd say anywhere in the US that has rampant goodolboyism which encourages local law enforcement to fly off the handle for any and no reason would qualify as "unsafe for American citizens".

4. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Somewhere far safer, somewhere they are allowed to shoot back.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Maybe if AZ law enforcement didn't have to waste their time asking people with dark skin for their papers, they can go fight this real crime.

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Very true.
    I'm always more afraid when I travel out to the sticks where it's all white people in charge, as opposed to the more urban areas where things are more racially mixed. Ironic seeing as I'm pretty white myself.

7. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

So is Pinal County (Ariz.) Sheriff Paul Babeu admitting he and his deputies are incompetent? Or just lazy?

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Oh you mean the law that hasn't even gone into effect yet, is preventing AZ law enforcement from fighting real crime?:rolleyes:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...w_lawsuit_from_department_of_justice_acc.html

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Republicans have known for a LONG time that immigration needed reform. John McCain was a leading proponent of reform. GWB fought for reform, and tried to get it passed.

Democrats now are trying some of the same ideas, and not a single republican supports comprehensive immigration reform. Why? Wouldn't that be easier than each state having its own rules creating a patchwork of enforcement?

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just to point out the obvious but US citizens are absolutely part of the problem of drug cartels smuggling drugs from mexico. Not to take away from the hot button xenophobia.

11. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I think you are mistaken. The facts clearly show that only illegal immigrants consume illegally imported drugs (it's their refusal to buy American). Moreover, it would completely solve prison overpopulation, vandalism and arachibutyrophobia.

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Illegal peanuts :mad:

13. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Drugs

Legalize them and we see this problem disappear within 5 years I bet.

I care 0% if my neighbor wants to blow coke all day long and destroy his life. He will do it whether or not it is legal.

I DO care about our law enforcement officers getting KIA trying to round up these smugglers, runners, dealers, etc. I also care about the untold billions wasted prosecuting and jailing non-violent drug offenders who are hurting no one but themselves.

It blows my mind.

14. StruckANerve thread starter macrumors 6502

No one else sees a problem with narco-terrorist organizations operating inside our borders and the only solution our Govt can come up with is to put up signs warning people to stay away?

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If they want ot destroy their health doing that then not ONCE cent of tax payer money should be spent on their care.
    Those people have to to the ER for drug overdoses which tax payers have to pay for.
    Or for the long term health care cost of these people for the permanent damage they do.
    That the problem with it is tax payers are still on the hook for any of their health problems and it would just be worse because usage would increase not decrease.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Are you against healthcare spending for people who drink too much? Or who get into fights because of alcohol?

17. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Agreed!

But a drug abuser going without health care because they spent all their money on heroin? God forbid the thought! The liberals and republicans both would never ever ever get on board with something that makes that much sense.

Take the tax payer off of that hook as well! I see no reason why I should have to pay for anyone else' health care, much less a drug abusers.

But, after all, I AM a black souled libertarian with a heart filled with bile and pus.

Of course.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

honestly yes. It is a huge waste of tax payer money on people who do stupid things like that.

In a bar fight the person who started the fight (Because they were drunk) should be the one who have to foot everyone who was injured because of the fight.
    I am not a fan of having to pay for some one else who killing themselves because they are drunk.

19. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Money is more important than people's lives to libertarians.

20. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Way to dumb it down for a 5 year old.

Or you could look at it like a grown up and think about whether the government has no business taking my money (or my ANYTHING, for that matter) and giving it to somebody else.

But you are probably right. My heart is filled with bile and I hope all poor people die.

21. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

You're not a very good libertarian. You depend on those people to live in squalor and toil for next to nothing to support your inflated income :D

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Again your Libertarian hobby philosophy is entirely myopic. Although it is fun to chest beat sanctimoniously about not treating drug users the reality of the situation means that isn't a reasonable position. Lives will be lost directly as a result of not treating drug users who have overdosed. Which has long-term ramifications on society - their friends, partners, children. Despite the stereotype the majority of drug users are also people just like you and me. Who are holding down lives just like you and me. Who have sex, who have children, who are productive members of society. Although Libertarians have trouble seeing how their actions (or the actions of others) affect those around them, they in fact do. You aren't an island.

You live in and benefit from society. The government absolutely has business taking your money in taxes. You can argue until you are blue in the face what those taxes are used for. But they're a part of democracy that you and all Libertarians are stuck with. And when it comes to needle exchange programs and/or free clinics for hepatitis or HIV the evidence is in. It saves lives and limits such diseases in society. Which we all benefit from. To strike such programs down on the basis of a Libertarianism love of money is entirely perverted. It is absolutely putting money before people's lives.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And if drugs were taxed then drug users would (as a group) be paying for their own healthcare.

24. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Whoa whoa whoa easy there.... You bring up "needle exchange programs" and HIV clinics and claim that we all benefit from them? I think your wrong.

I do not benefit from a needle exchange program. Sure, you can make an argument that I benefit from it 10 times removed, but I also benefit from the butterfly in Tibet flapping its wings somehow, so I really can't buy your argument.

I still don't care, and calling the third largest political party in the nation a "hobby philosophy" makes you seem like, well, yeah.

And I am feel confident in saying that Libertarians do, in fact, understand that every action as a reactions, etc, we just don't feel that it is the government's role to be playing do-gooder.

I can't believe the bum rap Libertarians take from you guys here! Its mind-blowing!

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Well you do benefit. Needle exchanges and HIV clinics benefit us all. The evidence is undeniable. As I said, Libertarianism is entirely myopic. You can't see past your own face.

You value money more than you do people's lives.