Parts of OS X not retina enabled?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by randomnut, Jul 28, 2012.

1. randomnut macrumors member

Just wondering if everyone else is seeing this or if it is just me.

I have an rMBP but there is a couple of little things which are not retina optimized. When you check for OS X updates for example, it loads the App Store and the 'checking for updates' message is blurry like it is not retina optimized.

There are a few other app store messages like that too.

Anyone else noticed this? It is really very minor but it seems like their attention to detail is really lacking recently :/

2. BigZ9 macrumors member

Yea I noticed this too but didn't think much of it, the rest of the app store is beautiful. I'm sure it'll be fixed in future updates.

3. stevelam macrumors 65816

lots of weird things happen where certain retina elements aren't always rendered as retina elements. this especially happens when you have an external monitor plugged in. sometimes dragging things back from the external to the rmbps screen is still rendered as low res fuzzy crap. lots of bugs with this thing.

4. randomnut thread starter macrumors member

It's quite disappointing, really. I know they're only minor things but they stick out a lot when the rest of the OS looks so good.

I know the whole 'This would not have happened on Steve's watch' argument is getting pretty tired, but it seems like their famous attention to detail simply isn't there anymore.