Party w/ hot girl or spend time w/ old friend?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Davy.Shalom, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

So I'm torn between going to a party with a particularly attractive girl, or spending a day with a friend from Middle School that I haven't seen since graduation day. He's been trying to set things up, and his birthday is approaching. He wants to hang out on May 1st, but his birthday is a few days later.
    However, this may be my only chance to start a relationship with this girl, since she was a friend's friend.

ADVICE? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I need to see pics of this girl before I can give you proper advice.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

personally I would choose to hang out with a friend.

You will learn really quickly that looks do not matter much in the end. It is about how well you connect with the person. Looks fade very fast. A hot Girl who treats you like crap because just a girl who treats you like crap very quickly and you figure out it is not worth it.

You are throwing away a good time with a friend who you know you will enjoy spending time with on an off chance that you get a date with a girl.

There are plenty of fish in the sea but a friend is like finding a diamond and it is not worth throwing it away for a fish.

4. Davy.Shalom thread starter macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Trust me, she's not the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen but she's definitely an 8/10. She's a good person and caring as well.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If she's what you say I'm guessing there's plenty of time to see then old friend then go after the chick.;)

6. Davy.Shalom thread starter macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

I like this advice.
    =)

ANY MORE OPINIONS?

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

If you think he's a good friend, or has the potential to be a good friend, I'd hang out with him. Good looking women are everywhere, but good friends are harder to come by.

8. Davy.Shalom thread starter macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Well there will be other guys that also have potential to be good friends at the party that I could get to know better, but this guy was my best friend during Middle School.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

Go with the girl. What the other dude said about looks being the only thing is pretty off base and rather presumptuous in the assumption that all good looking girls are stupid airheads.

So there's this guy you haven't seen since middle school; doesn't really sound like much of a friend beyond seeing once every six months or so.

Meh, go to the party :)

10. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Take him to the party with you. Bang the girl and give him sloppy seconds.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Good looking women are everywhere.

But all you need to do is say to your friend, "Dude, I'd love to hang with you bro, but Saturday night I got a date with this babe... and I think I might just get me some."

Any "friend" would be glad to step aside so you could get lucky. Think of it as a test of their coolness. If they moan and cry about it then you do not want that kind of friend. If they slug you in the shoulder and say "Tap her once for me!" then you know you've got a true friend.

12. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Bro's before ho***

haha

i mean that in a friendly way....;)

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hot girl. You're going to see this friend at his birthday a few days later anyway, right?

If not, then see the old friend.

15. ethical macrumors 68000

Go for the hottie. But only if you're going to be seeing your friend soon again anyway.

16. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

17. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Seriously? Stop listening to what the upper brain says and start listening to what the "lower one" does for once.

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

A win-win.

19. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

20. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

It's a win-win situation; I win twice!

21. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Go meet the girl. If you haven't seen your friend in a long time then one more day doesn't matter.

22. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Is your friend fairly low-maintenance and outgoing? If so, take him to the party too with the proviso that he may be left to his own devices while you do a little flirtin'.

If he is not one with that sort of disposition then just see him in a couple days. Surely he'd understand.

Friends shouldn't be too high maintenance but they shouldn't be taken for granted either. You have to find that balance.

23. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Surely, one request came before the other. I'm assuming you agreed to hang out with your friend first, then the offer came from the girl. :) If you said to both, "Not much" in answer to the question "What are you doing tonight?" -- that tactic always creates a conflict. You are forced to go back to one person and basically admit that you did have tentative plans -- but then thought about it and decided you'd rather do something else than hang out with them.

I'm not sure about taking your friend to a party. If you haven't seen him since middle school--then you guys will want to catch up. He'll feel like a third wheel.

Could you have dinner with the friend and then go to the party with the girl after?

24. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

LMAO!!!! - Spilt morning protein drink on screen!! At first read this was hilarious ;) but judging by your next quote/post I understand where your coming from.

This is truth. One day it'll be the good friend that has your back, not the hot girl. There will be another opportunity with the hot chick.

25. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

If you have a genuine shot at the girl...your old friend can wait...:D

Cheers.

-J.-