Pass through

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j4zb4, Oct 11, 2012.

1. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Is there a way to use my pc's Internet on my phone... Reverse tethering/Internet pass through on th iPhone...?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Buy a cheap wireless router.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

...with wifi. If you are hardwired in, I don't think it can be done.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is more of a Windows question.

Macs with wifi cards can do it. If you're getting internet through ethernet you can tell the Mac to create its own wifi network and share the internet with that signal.

Then you just sign onto that network with the phone the same as any other wifi.

Whether (and how to) get Windows to do this, I have no idea. I'd suggest googling "internet sharing, windows" to see what you find. The folks here can answer iPhone questions better than Windows questions.

5. j4zb4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

My office is not a problem... But at one of my clients office I need it... As reception is very low and he doesn't have the wifi... I have been spending a lot of time in his office lately... I miss out on urgent emails sometimes... I normally have the cable in my bag so I was trying to figure out if I could jack in...

6. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

If the iPhone can connect to Ad-Hoc wireless networks, then you can set one up on windows and connect to it.

Alternatively, I have used a product called Connectify to make my laptop into an Access Point. The free version works well.

7. j4zb4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

So can my MBP do that...? I didn't know... R&D time I guess... :)

There are just 2 computers in that office... And seem to be a couple of centuries old... :p

-----

Thanks for the help guys...