Passbook fix

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kannesss, Sep 19, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

This fixed my issues with connecting to the iTunes Store through passbook.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/20/fix-for-app-store-and-passbook-cant-connect-to-itunes-store-error/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Mines connects to the iTunes Store fine I just can't find any of the apps useful really. Thought Starbucks was gonna work with it but I don't see it.

3. Briview macrumors regular

I won't be trying Passbook until I get my iPhone delivered tomorrow, so I'm not too familiar with it. How does this work exactly? You're redirected to the App Store and so... in a sense, each individual ticket/coupon/gift card slot is an app itself, instead of its own app on the home screen? Sort of like what Newsstand did in iOS 5 with mags and newspapers? And what about space allocation? Would be interesting to see how many MBs each slot takes up.

4. braddels macrumors member

braddels

I won't be using Passbook until UK retailers start allowing me to use it :(

5. Briview macrumors regular

Sorry to hear. A friend of mine who works at Mark & Spencer as a Retail, IT Director told me last week that they have thought about creating Passbook entries for iOS 6, so hopefully... soon enough may Passbook apps be available on an international basis.

6. infinityharry macrumors member

infinityharry

ive made a couple of passes on my iphone at http://www.passsource.com for stores like subway, tesco and starbucks and they seem to work perfectly you should give it a try...
    Ps work best if you make the pass on your iPhone via safari

7. braddels macrumors member

braddels

Thanks for the heads up. I will be surprised if the american shops we have here (Starbucks, subway ect.) won't accept them soon, just a matter of time