Passcode to turn off iPhone= Prevent stolen iPhone from being

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Unable to locate it :D what a smart idea. So if an iPhone gets stolen the person that has it needs to put a Passcode to turn it off completely.
So we have time to find the phone.

- also when we taking a video with it. Also have a option to hold on to the button so it doesn't automatically switch off. Also if it's stolen it should take pictures of the person as well and video.

Blue Ivy

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2012
Useless feature. A thief would simply hold down the lock + home button to turn the phone off.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Pretty useless feature. Wrap it in aluminium foil, and let battery drain while it's searching for signal. Problem solved.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Useless feature. A thief would simply hold down the lock + home button to turn the phone off.
So disable that when this feature is implemented. Did I just blow your mind?

----------

Pretty useless feature. Wrap it in aluminium foil, and let battery drain while it's searching for signal. Problem solved.
Yeah, ok. This assumes that said thief has a roll of foil in his pocket just waiting to wrap around his freshly stolen phone.

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
So disable that when this feature is implemented. Did I just blow your mind?

----------

Yeah, ok. This assumes that said thief has a roll of foil in his pocket just waiting to wrap around his freshly stolen phone.
Every corner bodega will have one for sale. Or when Apple releases another "magical and innovative" theft prevention feature, I am sure people who steal phones would know about it.