Passer-by spotted emaciated Wisconsin girl; relatives charged

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Jesus H. Christ.

Between the stuff in Chardon yesterday and now this, it's getting so I can't even read the news anymore. This senselessness, this cruelty, just makes my heart hurt.

I just hope these sick bastards get put away for a long, long, long time.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The charges don't seem as severe as I would think for this type of crime. Let's hope for some long prison terms.

3. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

You may have seen that last week, here in Alabama (Gadsden - about an hour and a half northeast of Birmingham), a nine-year old girl got in trouble with her stepmother and her grandmother for lying about eating a candy bar. As punishment, the stepmother and grandmother made the nine-year old girl run nonstop ... for three ****ing hours. The girl had a seizure, and died later at Birmingham's Children's Hospital.

Of the things so upsetting is that for every death like the nine-year old, or for every freezing, sexually abused girl found in a basket, there are so many more that didn't make the news - that are still freezing/being sexually abused, that are still being horrifically punished. They just haven't been found and/or died. You become nauseated when you let yourself contemplate that is happening right ****ing now.

4. Fazzy macrumors 6502

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is depressing how many sick bastards there are in this world.

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I feel ashamed being from Wisconsin. How people can do that to another human being without the slightest amount of remorse leaves me speachless..

7. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I hope that these people will suffer a lot or be made to suffer in some form, they seem to have no empathy so why should anybody feel that towards them.

8. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The punishment for these people don't sound that harsh. :confused:

They've ruined her entire life. There's no chance she'll ever make anything of herself. The girl's starvation would have led do underdeveloped mental function, and she probably didn't go to school.

10. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

So much calamity lately.... This sounds just like something out of a law and order SVU episode...

Side note.. Always wondered where people got the H. in Jesus H. Christ lol.

11. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Sick creeps.. how can you do that to anyone never-mind your own child

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sickening.

I read a few other articles on it and it's even worse than portrayed above. She was forced to eat her own feces and drink her urine. Neighbors saw her rummaging through the garbage for food. Say something you *******s.

13. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

@_@

I stopped reading half way though. :mad:

How on earth can anyone in a Civil society thing thats normal? :eek:

14. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Honest to god, you could turn this thread into one of those water cooler-type discussion where everybody's got their own horror story to tell that they read about. I myself read about another case a couple of weeks ago, where a girl was seen by a neighbor rummaging through trash cans. I think it was a different case, because this time it was a neighbor in another yard who spotted her, and this girl was naked. The mom was rightfully taken away. And there was another where someone left a newborn on a neighbor's doorstep. Well, the neighbors were asleep, and the newborn was out there in freezing weather all night, and -- surprise -- the baby died.

All this within the last few weeks. No wonder I get more depressed every time I read the news.

I know. You feel ashamed to think that you can't let yourself think about it too much, but you know, if you did, I think you'd lose it.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

There needs to be MUCH stricter terms and sentencing for torturous crimes like this. Being held captive in a basement with alarms (and yet no bathroom, so they made her eat/drink her own feces and urine if she had to go) beaten, raped, starved and who knows what else shouldn't be considered merely "child neglect". People so extremely devoid of empathy need to be kept well away from the public, possibly forever.

17. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Mike Vega should be proud of acting on his instinct. It's so easy to be well, just too busy, to stop. This is a horrible and extreme case but it's a huge reminder to myself to try to lift my head up, look around and most importantly to offer to help people (even if it's just a quid for a cup of tea).