Pasting new document name text

blackxacto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
17,1 iMac, 10.14.3, 24gbRAM, What have I done to stop the ability to COPY and PASTE into new document name blanks. Why must I manually type text in all document name blanks? I used to have the ability to copy and paste any text into the NEW FILE NAME blanks, but can no longer. I get a system error beep. I must manually type all text.

Anyone have a clue as to what I did to make this happen?

blackxacto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
No idea what any of that means. What's a "name blank"?
Every file you make has to have a name, right? What is the area called to fill in the name of the file when you make a file?
[doublepost=1548370289][/doublepost]STOP: Apple+V was assigned to Paste and Match Style. Deleted this command in System Pref/Keyboard. Reassigned Apple+V to “Paste”. Rebooted. Everything fine now, sorry for interruption.

harriska2

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Was this problem caused by an OS upgrade? I’m curious because I also have keys remapped so that my PC brain can work in the mac environment.

blackxacto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Since my “clean” account did not have this issue, I began thinking about changes I made in the past, then checked the Keyboard setup on the main account, then I remembered changing the setting by adding an apple script to always paste unformatted text. Boing! Delete and revert.