Pat Sajak: “global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists”

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Say it ain't so! The beloved host of "Wheel of Fortune" is apparently a right wing extremist nut. What's next? Vanna White and Ann Coulter having cocktails? Remember kiddies, believing in global warming=racism.

Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak’s online outburst Monday night mocking the idea of man-made climate change is only the latest in his series of off-screen conservative rants, Salon reported.

On Monday, Sajak attacked “global warming alarmists,” accusing them of “knowingly misleading for their own ends”:

But Sajak also voiced skepticism about global warming as far back as 2007 in a column for the conservative website Human Events, arguing that “a large (and growing) segment” of researchers were doing the same. To date, an overwhelming majority of studies on the matter have concluded that the planet’s changing climate patterns are cause for concern.

Sajak, who wrote for the site between 2007 and 2013, expressed similar sarcasm about global warming earlier this month, albeit in slightly more neutral terms:

Earlier today, Sajak downplayed the impact of the New York Times’ controversial firing of its first female executive editor, Jill Abramson:

And earlier this month, he, like Ann Coulter, mocked First Lady Michelle Obama for offering her support to the efforts to rescue the scores of kidnapped girls in Nigeria:

The Daily Kos reported that Sajak received some pushback from actual climate scientists following his latest anti-science remarks:

Rather than respond to Mandia’s question, however, Sajak seemed to retreat:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I doubt Pat cares anymore. He has made plenty and just stands there while people shout out letters.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
I really think that in the modern world, we pay far to much attention to what celebrities say and do.:cool:

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I really think that in the modern world, we pay far to much attention to what celebrities say and do.:cool:
this is nothing new people have followed popular people blindly throughout history. but now it is brought to light more. just look how televangelists bamboozle people

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
this is nothing new people have followed popular people blindly throughout history. but now it is brought to light more. just look how televangelists bamboozle people
Exactly. And in this case everyone's blindly following Obama when he says global warming is real... -_-

*exits while dodging flying bottle of ketchup*

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Exactly. And in this case everyone's blindly following Obama when he says global warming is real... -_-

*exits while dodging flying bottle of ketchup*

In reality, he only mentions climate change to take the focus away from Benghazi.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Just in case that wasn't sarcasm, I cleaned up your post for you.
C'mon, don't assume it's sarcasm guys. We all know that, though they may be in the minority, there are still people that don't believe in global warming. I happen to be included in that minority, and in my opinion there is enough reason to be so.

Here is just one article I thought was pretty good:

http://www.drwile.com/ecohyst.pdf

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
C'mon, don't assume it's sarcasm guys. We all know that, though they may be in the minority, there are still people that don't believe in global warming. I happen to be included in that minority, and in my opinion there is enough reason to be so.

Here is just one article I thought was pretty good:

http://www.drwile.com/ecohyst.pdf
Let's see:

- Ph.D. in Nuclear Chemistry from the University of Rochester (so no training whatsoever in/about climate science)

- Currently writes homeschool curriculum and Christian apologetics material :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm going to stick with the NINETY-SEVEN percent of subject matter experts who agree that (a) global warming is happening and (b) human activity is the driver of this warming.

----------

C'mon, don't assume it's sarcasm guys.
I HOPED it was sarcasm, but I wasn't sure, which is why I corrected you.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Let's see:

- Ph.D. in Nuclear Chemistry from the University of Rochester (so no training whatsoever in/about climate science)

- Currently writes homeschool curriculum and Christian apologetics material :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm going to stick with the NINETY-SEVEN percent of subject matter experts who agree that (a) global warming is happening and (b) human activity is the driver of this warming.

----------

I HOPED it was sarcasm, but I wasn't sure, which is why I corrected you.
whatever peoples....