Pathetic Black Friday discounts on MacBooks in the Australian Apple Store...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ivan P, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

http://store.apple.com/au-hed/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTM4MDI

That's right, Apple is offering a measly one dollar discount on the white MacBook in the Australian store. I honestly thought this one would have a larger discount than the top of the range aluminum MacBook, considering it still uses some parts from the old model. Even so, I don't a discount of one dollar is worth it at all...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Australia has Black Friday? I didn't think you celebrated anything like Thanksgiving this time of year?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Some parts? It IS the old model.

Well, now we know the deals. They're even worse than the most pessimistic of outlooks. Namely mine. Too bad, eh? Oh, well.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Even though it doesn't mean anything, the Black Friday sales are in the Apple Stores of other countries this year.

Last year in the UK we had the sale a week later and it was just promoted as a special one day sale. This year it's on the same day and refers to Black Friday.

5. Ivan P thread starter macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Ah ok, for some reason I was under the impression that the remaining white model had some of it's specs bumped up at the notebook keynote. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

And yeah, we don't have Thanksgiving or anything, but Apple seems to be having the sale anywhere that it has both retail and online stores.

EDIT: Heh, Apple appears to have changed it now. $81 discount on the white MacBook. That's...slightly better :p

6. CoreyMac macrumors regular

yeah im really disappointed they didnt take ANYTHING off their most expensive models (MBP / Air)