Pathetic Pandering Trump Scripts Interview With Church Leader

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

"Donald Trump is planning another trip outside his comfort zone with a visit to an African-American church in Detroit on Saturday, and he wasn't planning on taking any risks, according to a leaked script seen by the New York Times. The script contains a dozen questions that Bishop Wayne T. Jackson of Great Faith Ministries International was apparently planning to ask Trump in a closed-door session—and, more unusually for such an appearance, lengthy prepared answers for Trump. "I treasure my relationship with my family, and through them, I have a strong faith enriched by an ever-wonderful God," was Trump's prepared answer for a question about whether he is a Christian."

What a pathetic loser. Can't even talk to THE BLACKS without scripting it like a movie. Pandering to blacks and pandering and lying to religious people with his I'm such a great Christian lie.

http://www.newser.com/story/230520/trump-script-for-visit-to-black-church-leaked.html

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Why is it an issue? People have scripted for decades. Obama, Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Kennedy, Ford, Jimmy Carter, etc, did or do.

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Because the scripted replies came off as so inauthentic.

I keep thinking the script must have been disinformation, maybe even uniquely distributed to anyone who had it in advance, i.e. meant to find out who was leaking. I'm incredulous that it was ever meant to be used.

"I treasure my relationship with my family, and through them, I have
    a strong faith enriched by an ever-wonderful God," was Trump's prepared
    answer for a question about whether he is a Christian.​

Who thought that could have sounded natural, heartfelt, coming from Donald Trump?

An "ever-wonderful God?" Okay, fine...but who the heck says that anyway?

I too have a strong faith, and have said so to proselytizers who happen to show up in my yard to witness for their own belief when I'm just trying to hang up the wash and get on with my day. I've never heard anyone pitch their God to me as "ever-wonderful". We must not get the most up-to-date evangelizers around here.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He could always speak at a conference for minority journalists, take select questions from select journalists, then call it a press conference. :confused:

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Did they script interviews or speeches? Seems mighty hypocritical of the guy who bashes everyone who uses a teleprompter for speeches to not be able to have a conversation with people before having the questions and answers vetted from religious leaders first. Thought he was the shoots from the hip, says what he means, never needs notes guy?

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL, yes... a familiar approach for many a pol, isn't it. I'm sort of afraid this is what the debates are going to be like this fall. Select questions from select moderators, select scripted reponses tailored to the moderators... sigh... or else a complete free for all with the two of them screaming at each other and the likes of Chris Wallace trying to put a lid on it before the producers just cut to the break.

Anyway on topic of pandering versus authenticity: Trump did a little better on religion back in the primaries when he was speaking to evangelicals. At least he threw in some "I may not be perfect" when he was asking for their support.

Maybe he should sink or swim on his own gut instincts and not allow himself to become the Eliza Doolittle of Conway and Bannon's remake efforts and all their consulting with experts to get the right phrases to come out of Trump's otherwise unpredictable mouth.

Either way Trump's not going to win but he'd have more fun in the meantime and he might even get more votes.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Lets not pretend that Trump or Hillary is at all religious or spiritual. Trump worships money and power. Hillary worships power and money. For me, it comes down to national security. And I trust Trump more than Hillary in that area.

8. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

This is exactly correct, which is why I didn't get excited when Pelosi's computer got hacked and the Dem's memo for dealing with the BLM radicals was released. Big deal.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Pretending to be tough enough to open a jar of pickles is okay though right?

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You realize Hillary Clinton won't do jack squat without it poll tested first. You wanna talk about "scripted"?

11. LizKat, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Every time Trump opens his mouth he OFFENDS another whole group of people. How that enhances national security is beyond me.

btw regarding trust, i keep wondering why a guy chooses pics of HRC as avatar.

EDIT: having been called on my careless use of the word "radicalizes", I have substituted "OFFENDS" in the first sentence of this post.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I laugh every time I open a jar of anything in the kitchen now, because it makes me think of Hillary being strong enough to do it on national TV. It might even sway my vote... :D

13. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

No, I believe that is what's called a bit. Not an actually show of strength.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

How does he radicalize another group EVERYTIME he opens his mouth. Please provide sources and a description on how this isn't a false statement.

A

15. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Yeah I usually do not take the Trump side but I have to admit that most answers furing election campaigns are usually scripted. I once closely worked with a politician during a campaign and he had an answer prepared for hundreds of questions.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You are right, that was hyperbole. I will change my original post to say that he OFFENDS another group every time he opens his mouth. It's completely up to them whether they self-radicalize as a result of listening to him insult them time after time. :)