Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

cleo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
I have a logo made out of paths in Illustrator. Is it possible to import those paths into Photoshop so I can stroke them, use better filters, etc? I'm stumped.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Originally posted by cleo
I have a logo made out of paths in Illustrator. Is it possible to import those paths into Photoshop so I can stroke them, use better filters, etc? I'm stumped.
What i would do is separate as many of the elements of your logo into layers, and export the file as a layered PSD file. (make sure it's 300dpi, etc). You'll have a file you can open in PS and edit to your heart's content. :)

In AI, it's File -> Export. Change type to PSD, it'll ask you questions, make sure to include layers. :)

Lemme know how this works for ya.
m

cleo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Re: Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Originally posted by Moxiemike

What i would do is separate as many of the elements of your logo into layers, and export the file as a layered PSD file. (make sure it's 300dpi, etc). You'll have a file you can open in PS and edit to your heart's content. :)

In AI, it's File -> Export. Change type to PSD, it'll ask you questions, make sure to include layers. :)

Lemme know how this works for ya.
m
Hmm... It's doing the layers OK, but not the paths themselves. What could I be doing wrong?

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Re: Re: Paths from Illustrator -> Photoshop?

Originally posted by cleo

Hmm... It's doing the layers OK, but not the paths themselves. What could I be doing wrong?
Ah! My bad. You actually want the paths! Lemme check something and i'll be right back. :)

If you wanna, IM moxiecreative and i can help you "live"

m

thirdeg

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2002
Germany
you could try copying the paths one by one and pasting them in photoshop as paths. When you paste into photoshop it should pop up a box and ask if you want to paste as pixels or paths or something else that I can't remember i think its shape somerhing. Then you will be able to create different path layers.

Hope this helps

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
does pasting as paths also get rid of that odd error where it crops off some of the edges when you paste as pixels?