Paul Ryan tells illegal immigrant he doesn't want to deport her

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lostngone, Jan 13, 2017.

1. jerwin macrumors 68020

The great thing about blaming illegal immigrants for your problems, instead of say... Jews, is that you're unlikely to run out of scapegoats

2. macmee Suspended

macmee

Feel free to deport yourself from the thread if you dislike reading my posts.

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Why the hostility? Re-read your posts, you come off as very immature. I expect better from Canada.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Actually, illegal immigration will dwindle over the next eight years.

5. macmee Suspended

macmee

Yeah along with just about everything else.....

6. jerwin macrumors 68020

No one will want to come to the fascist hellhole America is preparing itself to be?

7. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'm fine with the idea of deportation (it should have happened when she was still a minor, in my opinion; her mother should have been sent as well), but more important to me is that people who cheat, lie, or otherwise circumvent the laws to come or stay here illegally should not, under any circumstances, be given any priority to anybody who has or is in the process of immigrating legally. I don't want there to be any incentive to trying to find a way to skip ahead in line.

Those who are playing by the rules should be the first ones in line. Everybody else, no matter how long they've been here or whether it was their own doing, should go to the end of the line - whether that means deportation or continuing to live here illegally.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If your definition of "fascist hellhole" is an America that is more concerned with the rights of unemployed steelworkers than the feelings of sensitive snowflakes triggered by "offensive" Halloween costumes, then yes.

9. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Good god, why do we even have an illegal immigration issue? I thought the United States was a cesspool.

10. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Far far from the same thing. Comparing someone coming to the US illegally, and taking someone and selling them is not a good comparison.

I personally do not know where I stand on this topic. We have to have a line drawn at some point, and stick to it, or we will never get rid of the illegal alien problem. I actually had someone from India tell me they come here for education, and just overstay their visa, and never go home...and the US does nothing about it. He said it was a common practice for them.

11. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

See my next comment.

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Did you mean to say "melting pot", or was your intent to belittle the US by calling it a cesspool?

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So are you happy about this move or critical of it? I can't tell.

14. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

??? I am not blaming illegal immigrants for anything other than being here illegally. Sounds to me like YOU are the one trying to race-bait here.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 14, 2017 ---
    Why do you seem to want to deport people of legal status more than the ones that are breaking the law?!?!

15. jerwin, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017

jerwin macrumors 68020

Why not change the law so that they are no longer illegal? If the only threat they pose is an abstract defiance of "the law", then that threat is easily dissipated. Align the law with justice.

16. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

It is not as much about threats as it is about following the law.
    How would you recommend we change "the law"? Open borders?

17. jerwin macrumors 68020

A fine start.

18. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Sure, if she's born in that country then she's a citizen of that country and has a right to be resident there. Every illegal alien or wannabe immigrant has their own story to tell but you don't award illegal behavior as that opens the flood gates. Those who come here legally get sick of this hearing about those who come here illegally and expect preferential treatment. Many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, MANY families are split up due to following the legal process. For the 18yo, she should blame her parents for what they did to her.

19. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

Who is going to pay for that influx of people? Remember illegal immigrants don't pay taxes and in places like California can get massive amounts of handouts.

I do not want a 300% increase in my tax bill!

20. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

This. The child is a US citizen which is fine but the child will likely also be a citizen of the illegal parent's country. The child and parent can be together in the foreign country they're both citizens of. It wouldn't be the first time a legal family has been split up due to a parent not being able to come here legally. That doesn't excuse the parent to be in the USA illegally and you end up with the parent being outside until they can legally come here. It happens to 1000s and 1000s of families and they don't queue jump.

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Better to enforce the law and deport them. We don't change American laws simply to convenience foreigners who broke our laws to enter our country and continue to break our laws by remaining. Best to deport them to their lawful country. America is for Americans. Period.

22. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

An illegal alien paying taxes is still an illegal alien. Paying taxes doesn't make you legal.

23. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

I agree 100%.

24. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Reagan tried that in 1986 by giving amnesty to 3.2m illegal aliens. Now we have 14m illegal aliens wanting the same treatment. Meanwhile, there are legals here with families SPLIT due to current immigration laws that means those families have members outside the USA, waiting in line LEGALLY. What about them? Why are illegal aliens more important than those who OBAY the law, FOLLOW the RULES, and WAIT THEIR TURN.

Illegal aliens are CHEATING those who follow the laws.

25. jerwin macrumors 68020

What "rights"would those be? And are they enumerated in the constitution?