Pay As You Go with LTE for Unlock Verizon iPhone 5

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Which one to get?

For the meantime, I still have an iP4 with an active AT&T micro sim. I don't have a cutter or am too lazy - can I get a nano sim on a B&M AT&T? What should I tell them? - am thinking no big deal for them if they find out that am gonna use it on an iP5 Verizon phone.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Which one to get?

For the meantime, I still have an iP4 with an active AT&T micro sim. I don't have a cutter or am too lazy - can I get a nano sim on a B&M AT&T? What should I tell them? - am thinking no big deal for them if they find out that am gonna use it on an iP5 Verizon phone.
You can't get LTE using a Pay as you go SIM. AT&T Pay As you go is limited to 3G. The phone will show the 4G logo.

Last edited:

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, I know that (AT&T nano sim on a Verizon iP5, which what am doing now).

What I need is any pay as you go nano sim for any carrier by which LTE will work on an iP5 Verizon phone?

Thanks.

FYI got an AT&T nano sim from AT&T store (still have an active unlimited data contract with them thru mid next year - but I picked and testing iP5 Verizon for many personal reasons).

articulatefool

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, I know that (AT&T nano sim on a Verizon iP5, which what am doing now).

What I need is any pay as you go nano sim for any carrier by which LTE will work on an iP5 Verizon phone?

Thanks.

FYI got an AT&T nano sim from AT&T store (still have an active unlimited data contract with them thru mid next year - but I picked and testing iP5 Verizon for many personal reasons).
Pre-paid carriers don't get LTE yet. That is something the post-paid carriers are holding onto to get subscribers.

The closest thing to pre-paid having LTE is MetroPCS. But it is currently unknown if an iPhone 5 (gsm or verizon) can get operating and receive LTE signal with them.

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Pre-paid carriers don't get LTE yet. That is something the post-paid carriers are holding onto to get subscribers.

The closest thing to pre-paid having LTE is MetroPCS. But it is currently unknown if an iPhone 5 (gsm or verizon) can get operating and receive LTE signal with them.
Oh, there's a lot or strong presence of Metro PCS in my area, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Am doing this as AT&T has no LTE coverage in my area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.