Pay As You Go with LTE for Unlock Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apierrec, Oct 1, 2012.

1. apierrec macrumors 6502

Which one to get?

For the meantime, I still have an iP4 with an active AT&T micro sim. I don't have a cutter or am too lazy - can I get a nano sim on a B&M AT&T? What should I tell them? - am thinking no big deal for them if they find out that am gonna use it on an iP5 Verizon phone.

2. Coleman2010, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

You can't get LTE using a Pay as you go SIM. AT&T Pay As you go is limited to 3G. The phone will show the 4G logo.

3. apierrec thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I know that (AT&T nano sim on a Verizon iP5, which what am doing now).

What I need is any pay as you go nano sim for any carrier by which LTE will work on an iP5 Verizon phone?

Thanks.

FYI got an AT&T nano sim from AT&T store (still have an active unlimited data contract with them thru mid next year - but I picked and testing iP5 Verizon for many personal reasons).

4. articulatefool macrumors regular

Pre-paid carriers don't get LTE yet. That is something the post-paid carriers are holding onto to get subscribers.

The closest thing to pre-paid having LTE is MetroPCS. But it is currently unknown if an iPhone 5 (gsm or verizon) can get operating and receive LTE signal with them.

5. apierrec thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, there's a lot or strong presence of Metro PCS in my area, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Am doing this as AT&T has no LTE coverage in my area.