Payed with American Express? Denied.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DayOfChaos, Sep 14, 2012.

1. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

AMEX denied my purchase of $799. If you got to your Order Status, Apple wants you to do a different card.

I had to use Mastercard, and it updated fine, phew.

Just an FYI!

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I used my mom's AMEX to order and I got my two confirmation e-mails. I always use her AMEX on the Apple Store and have never had an issue.

3. taedouni macrumors 65816

That's weird. My order went through with VZW. Did you chose your mother's name and her billing zip code as shipping address?

Edit: haha ignore that. anyway it worked fine with me on VZW.

4. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Weird, I ordered from Verizon with my AMEX and it went through fine.

5. soundwarp macrumors regular

what two confirmation emails?

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I ordered a white 64GB for myself and a 32GB black for my boyfriend. I used AMEX and I received the "Your order is being processed" e-mail for both phones (separately because they were ordered separately). So I was saying that I don't think this is an AMEX issue, just an Apple/server issue.

7. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, I got an email saying they blocked my payment to Apple because it was high and wanted to make sure it was me. I don't mind their security, but I mean, really? It isn't like I'm buying from shady China store.

Check your order status. You won't get an email from Apple if it doesn't go though. I am lucky I just happened to check.

8. taedouni macrumors 65816

Do you usually make large transactions? Did you pay your bill on time? Did you put a cap (there's an option on AMEX's site)

9. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I hate auto blocks. Wells fargo once blocked my card in store and I was shopping. It was embarrassing and that was my only method of payment. While the cashier kept trying again, wellsfargo called me haha. I authorized it and moved along.