payment query

ziggyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Hi guys , to cut a long story short, I bought a new iphone 5 from apple online and had it the day of release delivered to the door, It was badly scuffed and so i called apple care and requested they send me a new one and also a colour change from the black to the white, All good and i was told that i would be contacted by the courier to collect damaged phone and my new white one would take 5 working days,

Had my new phone delivered 2 days ago and still no contact from courier , i have emailed the lady i was dealing with on the replacement about no contact from courier and have had no reply from her,

I have today received an invoice for the new white and it says this on the invoice
" This invoice amount has been paid by Cheque "

now the original invoice said this

" This invoice amount has been paid by Credit Card Visa/MCard "

Now i have only ever given them my card details to pay for the original black model so not sure what the paid by cheque means,

Can someone help me with this . I don't want to be charged twice as im quite happy to return the black phone but still waiting to hear of anyone :(

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
All I can think of is an in-house voucher. Rather than crediting you for the black iPhone back to your cc, they did an in-house voucher/credit under your name and charged that as a cheque to keep their accounting in order.

ziggyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I have only been charged once for the original black iphone but have 2 phones in my possession ,

Do i wait to hear from the courier ? I really don't want to be charged again for the both iphones

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I have only been charged once for the original black iphone but have 2 phones in my possession ,

Do i wait to hear from the courier ? I really don't want to be charged again for the both iphones
I have always told my kids, whom are adults, now, to expect and prepare for the worst. In your situation, I would make a call to Apple, now. Otherwise, you may be here posting about an additional charge.

Obviously, you are concerned about it. However, are you concerned enough to make a call? It's on you, as the kids say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.