payment query

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ziggyboy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ziggyboy macrumors newbie

Hi guys , to cut a long story short, I bought a new iphone 5 from apple online and had it the day of release delivered to the door, It was badly scuffed and so i called apple care and requested they send me a new one and also a colour change from the black to the white, All good and i was told that i would be contacted by the courier to collect damaged phone and my new white one would take 5 working days,

Had my new phone delivered 2 days ago and still no contact from courier , i have emailed the lady i was dealing with on the replacement about no contact from courier and have had no reply from her,

I have today received an invoice for the new white and it says this on the invoice
    " This invoice amount has been paid by Cheque "

now the original invoice said this

" This invoice amount has been paid by Credit Card Visa/MCard "

Now i have only ever given them my card details to pay for the original black model so not sure what the paid by cheque means,

Can someone help me with this . I don't want to be charged twice as im quite happy to return the black phone but still waiting to hear of anyone :(

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

All I can think of is an in-house voucher. Rather than crediting you for the black iPhone back to your cc, they did an in-house voucher/credit under your name and charged that as a cheque to keep their accounting in order.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I might suggest that you call Apple directly and explain your situation.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, call Apple. They are the ones that did this.

5. ziggyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I have only been charged once for the original black iphone but have 2 phones in my possession ,

Do i wait to hear from the courier ? I really don't want to be charged again for the both iphones

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I have always told my kids, whom are adults, now, to expect and prepare for the worst. In your situation, I would make a call to Apple, now. Otherwise, you may be here posting about an additional charge.

Obviously, you are concerned about it. However, are you concerned enough to make a call? It's on you, as the kids say.