PB2 Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Vudols1, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Vudols1 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having a similar issue? When I open Safari it almost immediately crashes and closes. I can access a website in Spotlight but if I try to open a new tab, the same behavior occurs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

Yeah, I just encountered this bug today. Did you manage to resolve the issue?

(I feel so dirty–I downloaded Chrome to look into this bug!)

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I just opened Safari on both my iPad Pro 12.9 and my iPhone 6S+ both running IOS11 PB2 with no difficulties. I also opened several websites just to ensure that all was copacetic and it is.

4. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

And everything was running flawlessly on my iPad Pro 9.7" until about fifteen minutes before I posted my reply. It didn't happen right away for me.

What triggered it for me was swiping to close a tab—which I'd also done probably a hundred times already on PB2. I've been using my iPad constantly since downloading the Public Beta, and this is the first major issue I've encountered.

Them's the breaks with beta software, though; and, since I don't want to bother reinstalling, I'll just use Chrome until either the issue magically resolves (unlikely) or Public Beta 3 comes out.

5. Vudols1 thread starter macrumors newbie

The situation continues to be an issue. I reported it through the Feedback app but am using Chrome for now.

6. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

Yeah, same here. Here's hoping PB3 fixes it.