Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
My PC is giving me the *****. I only bought it two years ago for a reason lasting two years so it's time to offload it. How much do you think it's worth?
----
Dell Inspiron 5100
2.8Ghz P4
60gig HD
512meg RAM
32meg ATI Radeon 7500
15" (or 15.4".. I forgot) SXGA+ display (<- the best one )
firewire
a few USB
a plugin wifi pieca crap
windows xp pro
office 2003 blah
buncha included ****
whatever else might have been there
----
Now clearly it's not worth much from a Mac users' perspective so try and give me a price objectively speaking =)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mmmdreg said:
My PC is giving me the *****. I only bought it two years ago for a reason lasting two years so it's time to offload it. How much do you think it's worth?
----
Dell Inspiron 5100
2.8Ghz P4
60gig HD
512meg RAM
32meg ATI Radeon 7500
15" (or 15.4".. I forgot) SXGA+ display (<- the best one )
firewire
a few USB
a plugin wifi pieca crap
windows xp pro
office 2003 blah
buncha included ****
whatever else might have been there
----
Now clearly it's not worth much from a Mac users' perspective so try and give me a price objectively speaking =)
This website should help you a lot.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
P4 Worth

If you have some pretty good software, you might get $300 or $350 if you're lucky with monitor. I just sold mine a little while back for $300. It's stats were as follows:

AMD 1700+ Processor
512K RAM
60GB Hard Drive
64MB Video Card
56K Modem
15" Dell Monitor
Windows XP
Office XP
blah blah blah

That was about 5 months ago. Of course, they have appreciated since then? Just a guess. You can get a new "emachine" these days at Best Buy for $399 then add another $100 for a 17" monitor and you're in business.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
PC value

Go to eBay and do an advanced search for closed auctions for your model of machine. Disregard any that were damaged goods, or had unrealistic bundles.
The number of bid is an indication of the demand for the model. Watch out for variations due to location.

(soapbox)Software is legally sellable if the seller includes the original CD and transfers the license to the buyer. There are a horde of sellers on eBay that do "Buy my $500 machine and I'll leave $$$ worth of software on the drive" which is piracy, plain and simple.(/soapbox)

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.