PC's SUCK!!!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by macgeek2005, Apr 17, 2006.

1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

PC’s Suck.

PC’s are terrible. They suck in every way conceivable. They are clumsy, ugly, prone to crashing, and get viruses. I have no idea why the **** people put up with them. I’ll give you a quick example of a discussion between a PC fanatic and a mac fanatic comparing a PC to a Mac.

PC user: Wow, look at this great Alienware machine I can get. I can get it custom built with the AMD Athlon FX-60, and Quad Nvidia 7900 video cards!! I can get it with 4GB of ram, 2 23” moniters, and 2 1TB internal hard drives all for only $3999!!! If you wanted to get a mac that powerful it would cost at LEAST $10,000!.

Mac user: (Shaking his head in disbelief at how stupid someone can be). Alright, let’s put this to the test. I’ll buy a Quad G5 with 4GB of ram, the Quadro FX 4500 video card, 2 23” moniters, and 2 500GB internal hard drives. It’ll cost me about $9200.

PC user: Why would you want to do that when you can get a computer more powerfull for less than half the price?

Mac user: Because it’s that much better, and it runs the worlds most advanced operating system.

PC user: Alright, let’s do it.

A week later both guys have they’re brand new monsters set up and ready to go.

PC user: This thing is incredible, I can play Doom 3 on Ultra quality at a good 60 frames per second.

Mac user: I’m making a video in iMovie.

PC user: Yeah, they have good video editing software for PC, I just don’t know much about it, and I think they’re kinda expensive.

Mac user: You mean no video editing software came on your computer?

PC user: Not anything worth using.

Mac user: Oh, that’s too bad.

PC user: Yeah.

Mac user: Oh, you want all those pictures that we took on our trip to Hawai last summer?

PC user: Oh yeah of course. That trip was awesome….

Mac user: Alright, here’s the camera, and a USB cable.

PC user: (Plugs in camera. Nothing happends). Oh, we might have to do this later, I need to download some drivers.

Mac user: Oh okay, can I have your camera? I want the pictures that you took.

PC user: We have to go the concert soon, you won’t have time to get it all configured before we have to go.

Mac user: Give me the ****ing camera.

PC user: Fine, fine, but you’ll have to stop in the middle of transferring them. (Gives his camera to mac user)

Mac user: (Plugs in camera. 3 minutes later they are all imported in iPhoto). There, I’m done.

PC user: How much does that software cost? See that’s like pretty pro photo software, I didn’t bother to buy any of that stuff.

Mac user: It came on my computer.

PC user: Oh.

Mac user: Well, I think I’ll plug in my ipod and load all those photos on before we go to the concert. (He does so)

Later… after the concert……

Mac user: (The mac user is having a great time on his computer using iLife…. He’s recording music in garageband, burning his projects to CD’s. He hands a CD he recorded to the PC user). Here, check this out, this is a CD I recorded.

PC user: Cool, I like it. When did you record this?

Mac user: Just now, on my computer.

PC user: What kind of recording software did you buy?

Next day……………….

Mac user: Hey, wanna play a Doom 3 multiplayer match?

PC user: Sure, but later, I have to de-fragment my hard drive, my computers been bogging down a bit.

Mac user: Oh, alright, well whenever you’re ready.

PC user: You should probably de-fragment your harddrive too.

Mac user: Mac OS X does it automatically.

PC user: Oh, by the way, my brother just called, and he has a few tapes that he wants me to burn to dvd for him cause he doesn’t have a computer… so can I get on your computer while mine’s de-fragmenting, and see what kind of video software I can get for a reasonable price?

Mac user: Ask your brother to give me the tapes.

PC user: No that’s okay, I don’t want you to go through all the trouble of making the DVD. It’s my brother.

Mac user: It’s not really trouble.

PC user: Alright, whatever you want. Thanks.

Mac user: (2 hours later he has a great DVD for his friends brother).

PC user: That’s some nice software, how much did it cost?

Mac user: Yeah. So have you downloaded those drivers yet so you can get my pictures?

PC user: I was going too, but I need to call my friend and ask him which ones are the right ones.

Mac user: Alright.

PC user: I should probably get some anti-virus software. You should too.

Mac user: My computer can’t get viruses.

PC user: Bull ****. Any operating system can get a virus. I’ll ask my friend to write a virus and send it to both of us, and you’ll see. You’ll get it cause you won’t have virus protection.

Mac user: (chuckles to himself) Alright. Sure.

PC user: Well, my hard drive is done de-fragmenting.. so now we can play Doom 3 if you want.

Mac user: Sure.

They play a nice match of Doom 3 multiplayer.

The days go by… and the pc user is continually encountered with little problems, or things that he’s unable to do, such as burning DVD’s like his friend can… Plug and play abilities, Expose.. etc.

PC user: So how come macs come with all these cool features and stuff?

Mac user: I dunno, it’s simply a better operating system.

PC user: (Turns on his computer. Virus protection gives him a warning. He openes it up, and sees a few infected files. He highlights them, and presses delete. They don’t go away. He beings to get panicky. He tries a bunch of different tricks. His CPU is 98% used. His ram is 92% used. His files are disappearing. He calles his friend!) PLEASE HELP. STOP THE VIRUS, DO SOMETHING!!!!. His friend rushes over with more powerful antivirus software, and deletes the virus, and recovers all the guys files.

PC user: (to mac user). There, whaddya think of that?

Mac user: Why do you put up with that ****? My computer wasn’t affected at all.

PC user: eh.. it’s not that much of an inconvenience. Most viruses aren’t that deadly.

Mac user: Okay, that’s good I guess.

And they days go by again. The Mac user can do anything he want’s flawlessly, while the PC user feels like he’s using a machine.

One day, they’re both using they’re computer, and they are transferring files back and forth, so they have many windows open. He has an extremely important download half way done, which he needs to have done as soon as possible. They’re transferring files and such, and the PC user is having trouble because he has too many windows open, and he can’t see anything.

Mac user: Let’s see… okay Expose….. select that window, alright, transfer that….

The PC user, in his frustration accidentally clicks cancel, on his download.

PC user: ARGH, **** ****. ENOUGH. ENOUGH. ENOUGH. ENOUGH OF THIS ****ING ****. I WANT A COMPUTER THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he bought a Mac.

Now, WHY, OH WHY??? DO PEOPLE PUT UP WITH PC’S???????????? WHY?????????????????????????????????????????

THEY ARE ABOMINABLE, THEY ARE ATROCIOUS, THEY ARE HORRIBLE, THEY ARE DISGUSTING, THEY ARE CLUMSY, WINDOWS XP SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Why on earth?? I just don’t get it.

You ****ing PC users can all burn in hell. You can have your eyes pulled out of their sockets while layers of your skin are being peeled off you with a peeler. When a PC user tells me why they think PC’s are better, I want to cut of they’re fingers one by one, drop them in a bath of boiling oil. I wanna cut open your brain and see what part of it could be so moronic as to WANT to get a PC over a mac!!!!!!

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???

PC USERS ARE THE STUPIDEST PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!! THEY THINK THEY VIRUSES AND DRIVERS AND DE-FRAGMENTING ARE THINGS THAT YOU HAVE TO DO ON COMPUTERS. BUT GUESS WHAT IDIOTS????? THEY’RE NOT. YOU DON’T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM ON A MAC. YOU JUST DON’T.

Oh, it pains me to see a person deal with a virus, or a driver that they need to install, and they think that you have to do the same on every computer. They don’t realize that there are platforms where you don’t have to be bothered like that. *sighhhhh………………..*

2. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

That should have come with a bandwidth warning. :eek:

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Cause they're cheaper and people love clicking that big E.

4. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Ugh, seriously pal. I hope you just copy pasted that from somewhere and didn't spend an hour of your life typing it out.
    We see the PCs suck post daily. You're on a mac forum, don't you think we know they suck?:rolleyes:

5. pincho macrumors regular

pincho

6. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm just pissed, because for me it's as clear as black and white.

A PC user comes up to me and says "I have 25 toes". It's the same as saying "PC's are better than macs". It's just simply not true, and I know the truth.

7. treichert88 macrumors newbie

8. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Lets play Counter Strike....oh sorry you cant!

9. Will_reed macrumors 6502

Will_reed

I don't really care

10. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Some of us do...that's why we use PC's.

EDIT: oh and that stuff about the Camera and the drivers is BS, i've never had to install a driver it just shows as an external hard drive.

11. Timepass macrumors 65816

dude macgeek I quite reading that about 10-15 lines in because it is so full of BS, Stupidity, lies, and shear inorance that it not worth the time.

That post is a clear example of why a lot of the people think low of the apple comminity. It a few people who keep trying to shove it down people thoats that Windows suck. Face the face windows can do a lot of things OSX cant.
    As for photo importing um you dont need to download drives windows see the camra as a flash drive then it see all the pictures on it and ask if you want to imporant them. If you put Picasa2 (free program from google btw) you get most things iPhoto gives you. Among other things

Viruses are not as bad as everyone makes them.

Big one that OSX can not win is well Macs suck for gaming. If you want to gaming on a computer you DONT GET A MAC plan and simple. For a lot of stuff yes macs are better.

Please dont make the entire mac comminty look bad with BS like that. There is a reason that it is not though highly of in the PC world.

12. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

LOL

Fanaticism of any kind is bad.

13. janey macrumors 603

janey

Excuse you macgeek2005, MacRumors forums is NOT comp.sys.mac.advocacy. Please take all extreme fanacism and advocacy over there...'cause, half of that "discussion" was flipping stupid.

Some of the most advanced editing software (and the de facto industry standards) don't run on OS X (avid's xpress pro, adobe's premiere, etc.). [Sorry, but I'm a HUGE iMovie/iDVD hater, figuring out those two apps gave me such a headache (when i thought it wouldn't) and I ended up doing a speedy edit in final cut pro instead, which just makes more sense to me :rolleyes: ]
    edit: i meant dvd authoring software :( not editing films, ignore the above paragraph

Mac OS X only defragments certain types of files for certain reasons, and that's together with the HFS+ file system.

Malware exists for every OS on the face of this planet. If it didn't, people wouldn't be spending tons of money on AV software, and you wouldn't need to install security updates from Apple. Tis just that Windows has a bigger userbase, so it's easier to go after Windows users. In fact, from my own experience, Mac users are more lax about security, i.e. more easily give away their administrator passwords. Hold on, lemme package a quick installer that asks you for an admin password but instead runs the command
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf *
    and enter the admin password you gave to me to delete all the files from your drive...yeahhhh...make it disguised as the universal binary of um...Microsoft Office...yeah..

And you also realize some people have to use this stuff? A ton of software is not Mac compatible. Hence, I run VPC (and if i could, bootcamp and parallels workstation) and have a dedicated xp box I use for school and other things I can't do on a mac (most glaringly visual studio 2005...but things like msn (i don't mean the basic halfassed msn messenger support in adium, etc.) and nateon), as well as vmware and such on the others. And, if I had a few more bucks, I would get a gaming machine so I don't have to frown at the fact that the only two really usable "new" games that I like or would ever play on Mac are World of Warcraft and Unreal Tournament 2004 (wtf no elder scrolls 4: oblivion?! wth there's no mac version of FEAR?! no keepsake? no godfather: the game? what the hell?!)

Boo to you, I love my main desktop PC. Nobody said PC's had to run Windows :)

And yep, same about the camera...mounts as a drive...I have no clue what you're talking about...what drivers?

14. Soisauce001 macrumors newbie

Soisauce001

Ok.. hold up.. lemme boot up into window's xp....

15. janey macrumors 603

janey

i shouldn't have to dualboot just to play a game for an hour or two.

(major hint, apple, microsoft, the guys behind vmware and parallels workstation...)

16. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Someone needs to get laid! That has to be the most retarded thing I've read in a long time! :rolleyes:

17. OziMac macrumors 6502

Sorry janey, I simply have to correct this - I agree that the bit in the story about editing on iMovie was a bit bogus, but... Adobe Premiere Pro is hardly what you'd consider 'advanced editing software' or an industry standard, and Avid Xpress Pro certainly does run on OS X, as does Adrenaline, and extremely well at that.

The story was a bit of a laugh, but I'd be lying if I said I had the patience to read beyond the first few lines. :)

18. janey macrumors 603

janey

****. Sorry about that, yeah. I had DVD authoring tools in mind while all I typed up was on editing :rolleyes: :eek: . iirc Scenarist is a big one everyone uses that isn't OS X compatible, and there's a few more...and of course DVD Studio Pro and iDVD are like the big Mac ones..

19. hookahco macrumors regular

aww man.. cmon.. i love Macs like nothing else and theyve changed my life and how i look at computers.. but that "scenerio" is absolutley nuts. i almost feel embarassed being on the MR forums cuz of it.. oh wait.. im using a WINDOWS ... oh how i miss my powermac

20. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

:rolleyes:

Nice try to restore the reputation of PCs.

lol

21. janey macrumors 603

janey

Just wait till there's an actual serious threat to OS X. Just you wait. :)

A serious threat meaning a !proofofconcept or anything like a proof of concept.

Heyyyy wait, wtf? No viruses on my Linux machine?! How can that be, it's a PC!

j/k, j/k.

22. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

Do you know what gets my goat? People that do not seem to understand the difference between "they're" and "their". Many intelligent people use Windows and many fools use Macs. The use of either one is not a mark of superiority.

23. hookahco macrumors regular

ill assume you meant "Viruses are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be."

yes.. they are. Remember that old "I LOVE YOU" virus? It cost people a lot.. $6.7 Billion, to be exact... and lets not forget Netsky-P and MyDoom... and the millions of worms and trojans.

24. janey macrumors 603

janey

Some of them are as a result of the end user/admin/whatever's lack of proper updating and such. It's not all windows's fault, oh please, we're all human, programmers make mistakes, they get fixed when they're found. Sometimes people take advantage of that because it means there are a lot of people who don't update (often).

Lets not forget that these are usually bugs or lack of foresight. Again, we're all human. We've lost several billion dollar spacecrafts, we've killed people, we had the huge thing over the y2k deal...

25. hookahco macrumors regular

speaking of improper usage of "their, there, and they're..." i think thats the absolute epitome of annoying.. how hard is it??? honestly

They're- Contraction. Used in place of "There are" i.e. "Did you see the mimes at the park? They're so quiet."

Their- Used to indicate posession. i.e. "That is their car."

There- Indicates a place. "Where did you park your car?" "Over there."

need more help? click HERE