PE Trump: Want to keep three (at least) Campaign Promises, here is an idea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Nov 14, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Replace the ACA with a comprehensive nationwide Single-Payer Health Plan. If you do that, you will boost employment; bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. You'll (obviously) repeal the ACA, and you'll give every American a "really fantastic" health plan.

And you'll get my support. I might even vote for you in 2020.

Here's the bad news first: It's going to cost money. Probably at least a trillion dollars a year. That's going to mean raising taxes. Ouch, yeah.

But here's the good news: Without having to pay massive health insurance bills each month, American businesses and individuals will have much more money in their pocket to spend.

American businesses won't have to be in the business of managing health plans. HR managers everywhere will breathe a huge sigh of relief. Entrepreneurs can concentrate on building their businesses. Companies all across the country won't have to play the silly games that mean its cheaper to hire three part-timers rather than one full-timer. Wages will rise: Virtually all of the productivity growth of the past 30 years has gone to paying health insurance premiums, rather than paying better wages. Remove the health insurance millstone from every business in the country. Let businesses compete with one another on a level playing surface: Don't give companies an incentive to shortchange their employees. Let America's great companies compete with their foreign rivals without the ~$12,000 per employee annual cost disadvantage we now have over every other country.

Remove the stress and worry millions of Americans feel over paying medical bills or insurance premiums.

Single-Payer doesn't have to mean socialized medicine. Like in Britain and other countries, you can create options for people who want, and can afford, premium coverage and services. Doctors and hospitals can remain private businesses. But the FDA will have the power to negotiate effectively on drug prices. Kiss those $800 Epi-Pens goodbye. Single-payer could easily save the country $200 billion a year in excess and wasteful spending.

Talk to business executives about this. People who run coal mines and tech start-ups. Pizza joints and too-big to fail banks. Let them run the numbers, and figure out whether or not it might be worth paying an extra couple of percent on their income tax, in order to save their companies tens of millions. Sometimes billions of dollars each year.

I can't promise a comprehensive Single-Payer plan would pass unanimously. But if anyone has the opportunity to do it - it's you. You've obviously got the guts to try new things. America's people are hungry for new things.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I'm Donald Trump, and I approve this message:D

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Is this the bargaining or acceptance stage? I can't keep track.