Peabody, MA, Northshore Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bizzaregood, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bizzaregood macrumors regular

Hey everyone !! North Shore mall Peabody Massachusetts. Anyone else ? I have one reserved and one im gonna wait inline for... Soo who else is going to be there ?

2. techman28 macrumors member

What time you planning on getting there? How long do you think the lines will be and how early?

3. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

Aw man you ask the hardest questions. heres my break down based on the last two years and then my worst case.

Last year we had two lines, reserved, and walkins. i was 10th inline for reserves, at that time the walkin line had 3 people, and there was a fight after a while about who cut who, haha. I got there 45 mins before the opening. within 15 mins, someone i knew showed up, went back to check the line (was with someone and the people around didnt mind me coming back. CHECK before you leave with those around you. maybe even ask an apple employe) , And there were over 60 people in the line. when we left there was still a line of 100.

3g year one line, got there 20 mins before opening, and about 30th in line.

This year i expect, two lines. same setup. I expect that those who got there an half an hour early will go an hour early. I want to get there at 6... if that works out, we shall see. BUT also due to there being a BESTBUY in the other mall, a radio shack in this one. An ATT store across the street, im not sure how bad the apple store itself will be... (not to mention walmart haha)

NOTE* because it is in a mall, at the 3g opening we went through a service door.. we circled the mall for a while looking... 3GS had some signage but only one door open

4. techman28 macrumors member

Do you know approx. how many iphones the stores usually have for walk-ins?

5. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

Honestly no idea. but i can tell you that there were many more then i thought there would be (dont know if there was any division between the ones they had for reserve and walkin ) they had two tables (two sides of store) packed with them.

6. natasha472 macrumors newbie

I spent all day Tuesday trying to order a phone, but it just wouldn't go through, so I'm going to be up early on Thursday. Do you guys think 5am is early enough? I figure because there's 7+ stores in the area that are selling the iPhone the lines aren't going to be too, too bad if you get there early enough. I mean there's a Best Buy mobile, AT&T and RadioShack right inside the mall ON TOP of the Apple store... but what I'm worried about is entering the mall when it opens, like do people line up outside Legal Seafoods, and is it a mad rush once the doors are open??

Ughh. Last resort is the Walmart down the street.. but ewww!

7. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

5 am should be early enough. More then enough.. I hope. Like I said the 3G was bad we went through a door with hardly any signs and it was a service door.

last year I do believe the legal seafoods entrance was open but when they opened it I'm not sure.

8. darkinfero macrumors newbie

You are right cause I called the apple store and they told me that we will be using the employee entrance. This is my first time getting it at the peabody apple store. Cause I got my 3g Iphone at the Burlington apple store. Waited in line for 9 hours lol. Thats what happens when you have to go to work. I skiped the 3gs cause It really wasn't a big upgrade for me.
    I'm planing on being their early like maybe 2-3am. From what I'm hearing its getting pretty bad. With all the pre-orders getting cancel even people who are getting ship to their houses. I won't thought that it can cause problems. I just know that the Iphone 4 is crazier then the 3g was. I will be kinda camping out waiting cause we can't get into to the mall till like 5ish.
    Hope to see everyone their.

p.s.
    This time I'm not working in the morning. Learned my lesson from last time.

9. natasha472 macrumors newbie

but when you're lined up outside of the entrance, and the door opens, do people run in (potentially loosing your spot in line)? or does the line just kind of walk in an orderly fashion? OR is there even a line outside of the service entrance when it opens?

10. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

When I went both times, those doors were already open and the line was already at the store

11. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I'd bet it's going to be a madhouse. The demand for this phone has been incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the stores carrying it in the area (North Shore Mall and Liberty Tree Mall) sell out on Thursday.

12. darkinfero macrumors newbie

Thats you have to plan early lol.
    I plan to be their early in the morning or the night before.
    hopefully I snag my self a white one. You never know.
    I pre-order a 16GB but I'm wondering if I should go for a 32GB even thought I never really filled up my 16GB 3g.

13. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

Want to give me that 16gb haha?? I have a 32 reserved but I need to get a 16 one also :/

14. darkinfero macrumors newbie

lol
    you can buy my 16gb 3g I'm going to jailbreak it and unlock it before I do something with it.

15. MrE1617 macrumors newbie

The other stores at the mall dont open till 10 so the line outside is where the line starts there should be a line started if you are not the first one there just make sure you find out what door to wait by

16. natasha472 macrumors newbie

Maybe this is such a stupid question no one realizes what I'm asking. What I mean is, when security opens the mall doors for the line waiting outside at say 6am, the apple store won't be right there in front of the doors. So the line would have to walk a bit to reach the front of the apple store. Once the doors are opened by security, it isn't a free for all where people could potentially cut by running... Right? I'm assuming the line of people just walks like a line in elementary school. I don't want to wear sneakers.

17. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

"And yeah, door 10 is in between legal seafoods and sears. ..."

18. darkinfero macrumors newbie

Yup I figure that out cause they said the employee mall entrance. I plan to get some parking their cause I figure they won't want me camping like the other malls I can just chill in my car around 3-4am

edit
    I figured that I had a free second. I called the mall office about how early we can line up. They said at 7am when they open the doors. Funny thing is that's the time that the apple store opens. There might be a mad rush of people running to the door. Theirs nothing to really worry about if you have a pre-order already. If you don't you might not get that lucky. Hopefully security says something different. Cause the person I was talking to was reading from a script and she really didn't have no clue what was happening.

19. amicone18 macrumors newbie

For the people who didn't reserve what time are you going?

20. elguapo02145 macrumors newbie

Anyone there yet??

Is there anyone there yet?? If u are there how many people are there??

21. jmcgarrell macrumors member

I'm not heading over there til 4:30/5am. Doubt security would let you in before 5 - 6am anyways.

22. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

I'm probably going to be there at 6 hopefully before...

23. bizzaregood thread starter macrumors regular

24. natasha472 macrumors newbie

I got there at 4:45, managed to get a good parking spot, and land #12 in the overall line. Ended up #8 for walk ins. Out by 8:45... Granted, I was given a defective iPhone first time round so it took a bit longer. Yehh!!

25. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

In @ 5:45. Still waiting in horrendously long line. No idea what's causing delay.