Peace between Palestine and Israel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Mar 30, 2016.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

How will there ever be peace if peace keeping force by the UN between Palestine and Israel was rejected by Israel and America?

Today they want to oppose a UN call to keep track of those operating illegally in Palestine or the West Bank but for some reason keeping track of those doing wrong is considered bad? Keeping track of others doing bad is ok for some reason??

This is coming from the same people that wished to have sanctions on their own neighbors for not complying with what they wanted.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0WW2IZ

2. aaronvan, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

They probably don't want the U.N. in there raping little Palestinian girls and little Israeli girls, like they've been doing all over Africa.

Let's not play word games. The "they" that you mention refers to President Obama and only President Obama, who is the warmongering enemy of peace all over the world.

3. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would reckon that AIPAC had more influence to this objection then Obama did? Do you reckon Obama objected to this or AIPAC?

4. Jess13, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

There will never be peace.

Israel won’t end its occupation and Palestinians won’t be given the right of return.

Jewish-American human rights activist, Anna Baltzer

Life in Occupied Palestine

Texan-Christian human rights activist, Bill McKee

Why Would a Texan Boycott Israel?

Bill McKee .png

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

As much as religion is used as the basic obstacle to overcome with Israel vs Palestine (or the larger Arab world), it really is a matter of economics. Israel is basically a 1st world country in the middle of a bunch of 2nd or 3rd world countries. Every day thousands of muslims/arabs commute to Israel for work, as there own countries economies can't provide for them. Outside of the whole "occupying the holy lands", there is a lot of resentment towards Israel as an example of what the region can't accomplish. It's a basic truth that if you give people security, a sense of self-worth and some money - that Religion and Politics don't seem so important anymore...

6. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe that Israel has done and accomplished many great things for its self and its people. The good side of things inside of Israel for what they have built and developed is great. No argument there. The argument though is aside from the good side is a bad side. What we are complaining about is the bad side.

Picture a wealthy man who has a great mansion with servants inside along with a wife and kids. At home the mansion is beautiful and all are happy. The picture of the mansion from those who visit and the neighbors is all positive. Now we find out how that person earn his money. You find out many people have not been paid their salaries, many people work in slave like conditions at factories,many creditors have not been paid,etc... From how that person earns his money is a huge line of dishonesty and hatred amongst employees,suppliers,competitors,etc..

No one denies the good side. We are talking about the other side and in order to get peace we need to look at both sides of the conflict. We also can not apply double standards and claim religious reasons for these standards.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Give Israel back to Palestine, that's the only way you'll bring peace to the region. Any other suggestion is fantasy as we well know.

8. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

No one here said that would be good. If they just returned what they stole and occupied from Palestine,allowed them their own rights and freedom so that each can go on with life I reckon that would make many happy in the middle east. Happy people=less fighting and less trouble otherwise we just have another clicking time bomb waiting for something to go wrong in that region again.

9. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I am trying to understand whether you agree with me or not? lol

10. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

I think yes he agrees, but he thought you were being sarcastic.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Religions make points about being ethical and how not being ethical is why violence starts to brew.

Bullying has the same effect, as do other various crimes. A form of self defense.

Even "turning the other cheek" is an attempt to keep things from blowing out of proportion.

Of course, slavery existed back then as well. That's the flip side to religion and how the writers of it at the time perceived emotions, psychology and control.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2016 ---
    Why not make a big one-world government where all these issues disappear? Of course, what new issues would crop up, how are they dealt with, how to get people to have a leap of faith... or people can keep believing via loose association that something may or may not happen while the status quo remains. Nobody really knows, either way, and especially if the media isn't wholly truthful and that's where we get our information from, invariably. So that leads to a bigger question...

Why do we end up caring at all? Apart from one, arguably obvious reason.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I wasn't so he got that one wrong.

I don't think you could ever have a 'one world government' lol. I don't mean to laugh but we all know that would never happen due to religion and different cultures. The problem with Israel is obvious. World wars have been started over land grabbing, even the west don't appreciate other countries taking land.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Muslims aren't slaughtering Muslims and non-Muslims all over the world because Israel.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Maybe not directly as a result.

But I think its fair to say that the US, for one, has a difficult time being seen as a good-faith player in any actions in the Islamic world because of our implicit support for Israel. When the US taxpayer is sending several billion dollars a year in military aid to the country that regularly steals land from the Palestinians; that brutalizes people in the occupied territories; that periodically invades, bombs, and blockades the West Bank and Gaza?

All that just gives Islamic extremists from Algeria to Malaysia just one more excuse to rationalize their atrocities.

15. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

@stylinexpat
    Was the other thread closed for havig too many posts?

ON topic:
    Even former israeli ambassador in Germany (90ies), Avi Primor, said "Israel is not interested in changing anything, because the status quo is ok for them. If the status quo is being kept, its ok, if Palestine looses more land, ok, as long as it doesn't go in the opposite direction".

Another Israeli Ambassador in Germany (60ies) said in a documantary about the anniversary of the german-israeli diplomatic relations and friendship "that 'shouldn't you be the ones who knows the best?' thing is a typical error of western, christian thinking, that having experience bad things necessarily makes you compassionate over others situation."

Agree, just like the IS wanting the west to react with military acts and excluding muslims in their society, so they have a "rational" justification of the terror.

However, I saw a documentary about Hamas "holiday camps". The terrorists (even if an elected government) don't use their power to educate the people, instead they collect poor kids from the streets and send them to those "holiday" camps, indoctrinating them with hate and later even teachng them using weapons. They first make it look like as if they were streetworkers caring for the poor kids, but actually they are just misusing them like jehovas withnesses, nazis, scientology who are nice to weak people, to catch them and become their tools.

16. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I'm sure this was just posted out of ignorance and not make, do let me help.

The 12 Tribes of Israel settled the region later called Palestina by the Romans in 1000BC. They formed the first constitutional monarchy and actual government in the region which controlled and expanded the country for the next 200+ years.

Palestinian Arabs did not occupy the area with any sort of national identity, as anything other than small tribal nomads, until the early 1900s.

The UN determined in 1947 that there never was a nation of Palestinian Arabs, and these nomads were effectively always controlled by the governments of Syria.

In short, there never was a country known as Palestine, and no identified region to "take" from Israel and "return" to Palestinian Arabs.

The first real nation in the region was Israel, and the UN formally recognized this after WWII.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, I could imagine things will be pretty peaceful 10 years later, when all the crimes against humanity start simmering down.

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

19. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

If the opening sentence of a response to me says this, what is my incentive for reading beyond?

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Right. Though as bad as things are now, a hypothetical situation where either side gains hegemony would probably be considerably worse.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I don't know, I've pulled the post after reading the previous response to me by another poster. I've lost all interest in this topic.

I'll close the door only way out.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It's just Witt, man. He insults everybody.

23. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Well his approach is short lived when people start ignoring his input.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm sorry, but you are repeating a myth. There is precisely zero archeological evidence to suggest that there was any great Jewish Kingdom of David or Solomon. From a purely archeological standpoint, the modern state of Israel has as much claim on the territory of Palestine as the (Norwegian) descendants of Leif Ericsson have on modern-day Canada.

The myth of the Jewish people reclaiming a lost ancient Hebrew nation in Palestine became accepted wisdom among American Conservatives after WWII for a very good reason: They didn't want all those Jewish refugees coming to the United States.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The 12 tribes seized land and cities belonging to the Philistines and the Canaanites at an indeterminate date and slaughtered every living thing because "God told them to". Old habits die hard, it seems.
    A sanitised revisionist scenario dreamed up by the exiled ruling class ensconced in Babylon, whereas the reality was one of division, internecine war and prolonged lapses into idolatry.