Pelosi: Bush a total failure

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OscarTheGrouch, Jul 17, 2008.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Pelosi is only stating the obvious. I, for one, think Bush is a total failure. He is the worst president in the history of the United States. We would have been soooooo much better off with Al Gore as president. Hell, we would have been better off with Kerry and that's not saying much.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, Pelosi has a whole lot of room to talk.:rolleyes:

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If Bush isn't a total failure then I don't know what is.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

She at least has some accomplishments. Not that this Congress has been great, especially since they're so complicit to someone a vast majority of the country doesn't like and hasn't for awhile. But they can claim more than he can.

I've asked this so many times and never really gotten too many good answers that turned out to be accurate, but what has Bush done right. Really. Name an actual, not vague, not partisan and unpopular thing he's done right. I guess we can count the NK thing. Took him awhile, and we didn't really have a choice, but he got there eventually. The speech after 9/11 was good. Anything else?

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Beat me to it. Like the woman who has not stood up for anything that the Democrats said they were going to has any room to speak about failures.

Still funding the war, still not investigating, still rubber stamping almost anything Bush wants.

If the Democrats know what's good for them, they'll take Pelosi out of her position this fall.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They have done some things. As I posted. It's not much, and believe me, I'm also incredibly disappointed in them. Especially the more they bow to him no matter how much they're criticized for doing so. But the minimum wage increase, and some of the things they've done for vets, are pretty good. They also overwhelmingly voted to halt planned cuts in Medicare payments.

You can't really say they've done nothing, just that they haven't done much, and most of what they have done isn't great, especially when giving in to the GOP.

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

They'll be quoting that little beauty for years. Quality.

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I would say that the little they have done in the face of what they should have done is substantially worse than doing nothing.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Doing nothing is really the problem. They haven't really gone out of their way to do anything worse than Bush and/or the GOP. They're mostly guilty of capitulation, which is not as bad as instigation, but basically as bad as doing nothing. The things they have done, which are sparse and smaller in magnitude, aren't that bad. Some were actually pretty good, like the ones I posted. I didn't say they made up for the appeasement. They don't. But you can't say they've done nothing good, because they've at least done something.

Pelosi is more a hypocrite since she and the people she's supposed to be leading aren't fighting back against the failure and bowing to him, not because they don't have their own only barely significant accomplishments.

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Capitulation is worse than doing nothing. They have a responsibility to the people, to their office and to the world to do better, to not stand idly by as the chains of injustice are forged. When they stand idly by as freedom is trodden upon, we are all damaged by it.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not defending it (believe me, I've noted how much they've pissed me off since they first came back into slight power in '06), just saying they aren't the ones who initiate and have done some good. I guess it is worse since they aren't just ignoring it, they're enabling it, but the meme is that they've done nothing and haven't even tried to stop Bush and/or the GOP on anything. This is simply not true. And some of what they've done is better than doing nothing.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This Congress & this President should both be removed. The country and its people seem to be for the taking. Time for another tea party in my view.

Bush is a failure and Congress helped him to fail by doing nothing on borders, nothing on this fake war, nothing on Katrina and nothing on Energy.We need a new term for both partys but all I can think of is profanity. We really need to kick them both out of Washington.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Bingo! She has no room to talk.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Yeah, I don't agree with that meme (although perhaps because "nothing" isn't guilty enough in many cases). Obviously there are some exceptions, but certainly nowhere near enough.

16. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

Not very professional for the third in line of power, IMO. I don't care what she thinks, but when you're third in line for the "throne..."

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The only way Bush's popularity could be any lower would be if he were elected to Congress.

18. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I disagree, I'd rather hear from someone with experience.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well actually, you are. Just a little. :)

Me thinks Pelosi is just pandering to her Bush Derangement Syndrome Base.

20. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

First, let me preference by saying, I agree Bush is a complete and total failure as a commander in chief. He is so out of touch with the population and obviously doesn't care that he does not represent the population he purports to lead.

That said, Nancy Pelosi is an extreme left version of Bush. A few years ago, my brother was in a military academy. Nancy came for an award dinner. In a receiving line, she refused to shake the hands of a number of male cadets, instead shaking the female's hands and literally ignoring extended hands from the males. He said it was totally bizarre. Later, seated at the dinner, she asked two different times what the name of the school was. She didn't know where she was. Nancy is pretty much a nutcase, imo.:eek:

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not defending the mistakes, nor the capitulations. What I'm defending is when people say they've done nothing, or even nothing good, which I've shown they have. I also agree that they aren't great, or even necessarily that good. They completely deserve their low approval ratings, though some of us disagree as to why.

See, the meme was the same when Gore was running. Something I believed at the time sadly. Back then Bush presented himself as a moderate, and Gore had a lot not to like. I can see it this time too. The Dems are running more and more right, even as they're painted far left, and McCain is being painted as a moderate even if he's anything but. They downplay the differences to seem like there is no real choice, despite the actual great differences. I can see this happening with Congress too. The GOP doesn't really have much, so they make it seem like the Dems are just as bad, which the Dems are oh so happy to let happen.

There are differences. Should be obvious. Maybe not as many as some would hope, but to ignore the differences that do exist is disingenuous at best. And only helpful to the opposition, which doesn't have much else to go on right now.

You can't possibly be saying there aren't legitimate reasons to dislike Bush?

I completely believe your story, but that isn't the problem with her. As noted, part of her problem is that one minute she may seem to be left leaning, and the next she's letting Bush and the GOP (and other right leaning Dems) get away with almost whatever they want. Not that I would like her if she was a far lefty either, but she clearly isn't. She's barely left at all with most things.

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

dude get real. while many may disagree with Bush's policies, it is VERY hard to predict how Gore would have handled 9/11 and the aftermath of it

it's easy to criticize when you dont have to walk those person's shoes

Pelosi really hasnt lived up to her hype now has she? lol same with congress seeing how it is now controlled by democrats

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, imagining that he also completely ignored the PTB that said "Bin Laden Determined To Attack" and done almost nothing about it, he wouldn't have followed PNAC's advice and gone to Iraq, and maybe even would have focused on the 'stans, where people like Bin Laden actually were. Not to mention getting us closer to using alternative energy sources. And had he followed Clinton's economic plans, the deficit might not be where it is today. Same with FEMA, if he kept Clinton's people, it wouldn't be what it is now. Not to mention the poisoned toys and food after things like the FDA had their funding cut by the Bush admin.

I'm sure there would have been problems and scandals, but at this point I'd rather have someone getting a bj from an intern and sightly higher taxes over what we have now.

24. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

100 years from now, hoover may still rank lower, but right now, many are dying to see him leave the white house and go back to texas...he he...and i am sure there are those in texas that don't want to see him there :)

25. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

I can't wait until Bush leaves office. We don't have "Bushvilles" (yet anyway.) so we are not quite at Great Depression state yet. I read in the Dallas Morning News (I live in Texas) recently that Bush was going to move to Highland Park area of Dallas. That is easily the most affluent part of Dallas. What a twit.:apple: