Pelosi to Aspiring Musicians: Quit Your Job, Taxpayers Will Cover Your Health Care

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tigres, May 18, 2010.

1. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Link please. And I would support it. We miss out on a lot of talented people because they're afraid of losing their health care. We've probably missed a lot of innovation for the same reason. We'd have a lot more people starting small businesses too.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

True, I think the Economist made that argument in support of UHC.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/65950
    She's quite clearly saying that the new healthcare arrangements mean that you "aren't locked into a specific job" by healthcare rather than "the taxpayers will pay your healthcare".

Sensationalist beat up by a partisan, conservative news source.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Cybercast_News_Service

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And again, I've said this all along and I agree with her. People will feel a lot more free to quit jobs they hate and go start something new, which in turn could create even more jobs. We've been killing growth with our health care system for a while now.

And I agree with her 100%.

6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

An extreme case that obfuscates the real reasons you would do this. Some people work jobs that they absolutely hate to get healthcare for themselves and their children. If they could make ends meet with a lower paying job with less benefits, who are we to deny them that right? Them deciding to do that does not destroy the job they are leaving; it opens it up for someone who'd rather have it.

Looks like Andy beat me to it.

7. citizenzen Suspended

What mental giant can support entrepreneurial spirit?

I can.

Good for Nancy for supporting it too.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It odd it seems like the entrepreneurial spirit is something that should be supported by partisan conservative outlets. If she used the example of "starting a small business" (I know that's not what the forum was) instead of "musician" this CNS website wouldn't have even covered it. Just goes to show what blind partisanship does to you.

Still people fall for it. Enticing indignation is such a strong seller. Especially ideological indignation.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You're going to have to do much better than this.

I was so hoping for more reasons to dislike that woman.