Pence gets icy reception at Hamilton the musical

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

So many people need to grow up. It's like everyone feels like they have a free pass to be rude and disrespectful. Sad time in history.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Somehow I doubt this is unique to this time in history.

I'll bet that cold shoulders and rude receptions have been a common occurrence since the dawn of time.

Edit: just watched one of the videos and heard more cheering than boos.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Maybe we can start with the president elect?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Conservatives would have whined constantly about a close Hilary win, why should a Trump win be any different?

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Please don't cast your personal predilections onto conservatives. You know nothing of how we would be treating a Hillary win, and certainly cannot empathize, since we don't share your entitlement mentality.

It wasn't Hillary's turn, in spite of the rhetoric.

The popular vote - assuming she actually does win it f they count the absentee ballots - has never determined the outcome of a presidential election, and will not.

Liberals are only tolerant of others who believe as they do. This is being demonstrated every day now in America. The elitists who live in the echo-chamber of the entertainment world are the worst of all.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

We can assume based on how some reacted to Obama's first and second win

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So all of Trumps comments about the election being rigged were a figment of my imagination.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We have proof of Hillary and co. attempting to rig the election. She didn't even have the decency to report that she received primary debate questions early, scumbag move.

10. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

What the heck??? We've just gone through a campaign where the rudest, crudest, most disrespectful candidate (by far!) was hailed and acclaimed both in large rallies and across the media, and won the vote for president.

So yes, we DO have a free pass to be rude and disrespectful. It is, in fact, quite patriotic to be rude and disrespectful. After all, our president himself has shown the way forward. Only losers are politically correct.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Did you forget the last 8 years? o_Oo_Oo_O

12. mollyc macrumors 6502a

If only all "protests" were so eloquent and thought out, the world would be a much better place. Regardless of which side of any debate one was on.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Don't be so politcally correct. The president elect hasn't been.

14. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

No offense to the thread but Hamilton was a dreadful musical, in my opinion.

15. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

If I pay a lot of money to watch a play, I don't expect or want to hear a lecture on politics.

16. 5684697 Suspended

One of the most ignorant, bigoted, and classless stunts by a bunch of self important children who make a living playing make-believe.

The whole premise that Pence's Christanity would somehow make him less apt to protect all of God's children shows extreme bigotry on the part of those assuming that people of faith are to be ridiculed.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 19, 2016 ---
    Be as rude and disrespectful as you want, but you'll lose the argument in the process. The moron making the statement assumed a false, arrogant premise and looked like a fool.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He didn't assume anything. He stated his opinion.
    Then you could have left when the show was over. This was after the curtain call. Also, the show is Hamilton. If you went not wanting to hear about politics, you went to the wrong show.

18. 5684697 Suspended

BS, the right wants to protect free speech while the left demonstrate's every moment that it wants to limit speech. Have you been in a college campus lately? The left look like fascists.

Make your point, but don't whine when you are excoriated for the stupidity of your argument., or when your employer terminates you for conduct detrimental to your business.

There is a time and a place.

19. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

If It wasn't part of the original script, I don't want to hear it.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The show was over. At that point you have a choice to stay after the curtain call or not. What are you missing?

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You haven't been paying much attention to Trump and his surrogates much then. It's cool.

22. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I have to admit I would be whining and lugubrious.

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're definititely in the minority

24. Gutwrench, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Some of the fast rapping was amazing otherwise I found it boring and unremarkable.

I don't feel it was even as good as Man from La Mancha or Piano Player.

It's just my opinion.