Pence hires outside counsel for Russia probe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zenithal, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Zenithal macrumors 68040

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I'm guessing standard cover-your-ass procedure. I have (many) issues with Pence, but unless I want to get truly Conspiracy Theory on this - I doubt he had any hand in any speculative wrongdoing by the Administration...

4. Zenithal thread starter macrumors 68040

Always a good idea.

Off topic, but does anyone know why winterfresh flavored gum is so malleable compared to other flavors?

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I agree with you, but I also think if Trump has any intelligence at all and actually is guilty he will try to make Pence be the fall guy.

6. Zenithal thread starter macrumors 68040

I suspect Pence is dirty. The only real innocent person I see, yet is a complete and utter bird brain, is Paul Ryan. He may be our next president, god help us if he does.

7. darksithpro macrumors regular

Getting legal representation is not an admission of guilt and it should never be viewed as such. I've gotten it before for a work matter and lawyers are very beneficial, even though they cost so darn much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Jackson

"Any lawyer worth his salt will tell the suspect, in no uncertain terms, to make no statement to the police under any circumstances"

8. Zenithal thread starter macrumors 68040

Suspect is not the same as knowing. Seeking outside counsel should be the goal of anyone working in the WH. Trump's attorney telling non-clients they shouldn't bother with it is an ethics violation. Doling out advice is a big no no and people have been disbarred over less.

Pence has done many things in the past as governor as well as fishiness during the transition period that leads many to believe he's got something hidden away.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Why so?

I suspect he might know some things, but I'd be surprised if he has anything to share that would incriminate himself.

10. Zenithal thread starter macrumors 68040

Typically, in cases like this, it's not what the accused share that gets them in trouble. It's what's found. Given his actions as governor, the man has no moral compass whatsoever. It isn't a longshot to suspect he's in deep doodoo with the rest of the shmuck squad.

11. SusanK macrumors 68000

Shoulda been did it!

Sounds prudent. Can't imagine anyone in the administration without private counsel.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So now we know what that whole PAC thing Pence set up was for..to help him with his legal bills. :D