Pence urges federal probe into whether Clinton granted political favors to foundation donors.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 14, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

As reported:

Republican vice-presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence on Sunday suggested a federal investigation into whether Hillary Clinton, during her tenure as secretary of state, provided political favors to foreign donors to her family’s Clinton Foundation, saying “the American people have a right to know.”

“It looks that way more and more every day,” Pence said. “That's what we need to find out. … This is exactly the kind of pay to play politics the American people are sick and tired of. It is just one more example of the way I do believe that the Clintons have been operating over the last 30 years.”

He also argued that some FBI officials wanted an investigation, but President Obama's Department of Justice “apparently has shut that down.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ed-political-favors-to-foundation-donors.html

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Meanwhile where are Trump's taxes. Hypocrisy.

4. zin macrumors 6502

What do you hope to see in his tax returns?

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Everything.

6. zin macrumors 6502

Be a bit more specific. Have you read Hillary's tax returns?

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't need to be specific. I works like to review whatever is made public. If like Trump to stop hiding behind a be excuse of his audit. Put up or shut up.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I don't disagree but I think he's made it clear he isn't going to until he's ready and/or done with the audi, etc. Not sure why anyone is still asking him. He's answered the question.

9. zin macrumors 6502

You do need to be specific. If the only reason you're looking for a candidate to release their tax returns is for political purposes in order to claim transparency, and have little desire to actually read them, then what's the point?

Hillary has released decades of tax returns. How many have you read? Do you have any interest in the actual information or just for your candidate to proclaim transparency?

10. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

maybe Hillary could ask the irs to audit Trump..oh wait...

11. samcraig, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

samcraig macrumors P6

No you want me to be specific. Want and need are two different things. I owe you nothing. I want to see his more recent returns.

12. zin macrumors 6502

Usually people have a reason for wanting to do something.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he has made it clear he is not going too. the adult is just an excuse to not do it. I know you can justify it cause you love him so much.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'm not justifying his reasoning but I'm not going belabor the fact that he's given his answer and it seems no one is listening or willing to accept that he's told them to go pound sand. It's his prerogative to not release it and accept the consequences. If he wants to claim it's the advice of his legal counsel then that's his right.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trumps answers are mostly just blather he makes up on the spot why do you believe him on this when most of what he says is lies??? he can claim he is the fairy queen come to bestow favors on the white voters does not mean when have to accept it. he is not running for fairy queen he is running for POTUS.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

You know the answer: so that we can see what he's hiding. You know damn well it's not all peaches and cream.

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Where did I say I believe him and what he has said around his taxes and the reasoning?

I can't be any more clear than I've been, he's given his answer which is he's not going to release them, he's apparently willing to deal with losing votes or garnering crap for his stance and that it's a topic that's been beaten to death IMO. Seems some just can't get enough of him or his points. LOL. Do they not understand that's what he wants?

In the end, I really don't give a hoot about the taxes of either of them.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

Although, I have to wonder. If we start this investigation, then shouldn't we investigate nearly every member of Congress?

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Works for me .after Hillary you can concentrate on republicans

21. zin macrumors 6502

Then I ask again. What do you hope to see from his tax return? If you're saying he's hiding something then you must have an idea what.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

they have investigated clinton time for the republicans. lets start with trump.

23. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Trump tax release is equivalent to pay for play international influence peddling while Secretary of State and its general conflict of interest?

24. samcraig macrumors P6

How would you be able to tell without both being released. One might be nothing, the other might be a bombshell. They might both be nothing. They might both be bombshells

25. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The same thing anyone wants when anyone asks for what is known as "transparency", perhaps?