Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aevan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Still a bit too early, but I get a lot fewer false positives in apps like Procreate. I used to get a tool change often when I would move the pencil slightly in my hand, now it seems to take a more deliberate double tap, which is great.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I’ve never been able to hold my pencil in such a way to double tap. I just drop the pencil when I try. Guess I have no manual dexterity.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’ve never been able to hold my pencil in such a way to double tap. I just drop the pencil when I try. Guess I have no manual dexterity.
I'm able to do it, but it is a very awkward feeling. You use the index finger to stabilize the pencil, so lifting it off to tap makes the pencil much more susceptible to shifting around between your thumb and middle-finger. I've kind of gotten used to it though.

Good news on reliability of palm rejection, etc.. though. I can't wait to see how developers use PencilKit in their apps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.