Penguins

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by adroit, Jul 15, 2009.

1. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

I thought some of you might find this as funny as I do.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/07/14/penguin-gay-split014.html

Linda is a little home wrecker.... :eek:

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh christ- here we go again. Haven't we discussed this to death? All this proves is that Harry is bisexual.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm sorry, while I think your joke after the article is funny, what is the topic at hand? Are you really asking if homosexuality is a choice, or are you commenting on the role of the female penguin in the 2 male penguin's lives?
    I want to know what I'm commenting on.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

seriously op....you think this is an original thread?

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Oh for the love of god.
    :confused:
    Not again!

Is this MacRumors favourite question?

And to answer you:

No. It f**ing well is not a choice.

Clear enough?

7. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

8. adroit thread starter macrumors 6502

adroit

Geeze guys lighten up... of course it is not.

I just find the animal dynamics interesting and how it is so close to human..... that's all. May be the title was a wrong choice.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sorry- I don't find anything humorous about that question. It's been used to hurt us too many times. Please change the thread title.

10. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

It's a little more complicated. It's not yes or no.

You can be gay but you can desire to be straight. I think displaying oneself as straight, having sex with woman and all that fun stuff would be straight, even if said person frequently pictures naked men or whatnot when fantasizing.

I think a more interesting discussion would be whether or not being gay is normal.

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

+1.

Another vote for you to change the "humorous" title of your thread.

Too late… they're here…

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

All this seems to prove is that Pepper is a cockblocker and Linda is the village bicycle, and soon, Linda will be trying to figure out who's her baby's daddy. I smell an episode of Maury Povich in the making.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- that person is gay.

Of course it's normal.

14. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Im going to ask a question that is sincere and I want answers mostly from Lee, and from other gay members.

I know that you defend it is not a choice, but Ive heard a lot of now gay men say that they discovered they were gay over a period of time. Why does this happen. Ive heard of gay men who were once straight as all get up, then decided they liked men. Wouldnt that say it is in fact a choice?

One way or another, it doesnt matter to me. I love gay guys. Met 2 last night at my party and they were soooo awesome.

I ask this qustion for clarity, not to bash a community.

(900th post btw. :)) EDIT: Was. A post got deleted I guess.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats what we call lying to yourself and others.

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I wonder if any of these homosexual penguins try and reproduce together, or if they just nest together. Don't male penguins normally incubate eggs and actively raise young?

SLC

17. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Yes, being gay is "normal" because millions of people gay. Naturally, being gay is not normal though. On my most recent expedition to the southeast coast of the states I actually heard someone in a diner talking about how there is a "gay gene" which is a defect in one's normal gene. True or not, I do not know, but I do know it sounds almost believable.

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well being "straight" I guess you would have no idea about the pressures on a gay man/boy to conform.

Let's just say they choose to pretend to be "straight".

Being gay is not the choice they make.

How kind of you.
    :rolleyes:

19. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Yeah, I would have no idea the feeling of needing to conform because Im not gay. Thanks for the perspective.

Not really sure your sarcasm is needed, but alright.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We had to hide it for a long time for fear of being rejected by family and friends, but we always knew. For example, when your best friend on the football team gives you a boner, yet your girlfriend leaves you limp as a noodle, you pretty much know. But are you gonna tell your best friend the quarterback that you wanna jump his bones? Especially when you're a jock yourself? No f***ing way. So you pretend and hide it, until you can no longer do so.

21. adroit thread starter macrumors 6502

adroit

I would love to. But haven't got a clue how to do it.

Mod, could you please change the thread title.

Sorry, didn't realize that people would be this sensitive about it. My apology.

22. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

That makes sense. What about guys that really are straight, thought they were straight, had nothing to hide, but then start liking guys? Were they just lying to themselves?

Just wondering. You cant ask this question to many people without being yelled at for asking a simple question.

Double click the thread title in "new posts." You can edit it like a song name on iTunes.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I love how it the majority of your posts here aren't backed up by any evidence. The "gay gene" may indeed be real, but it isn't a defect of a "straight gene".

You seriously need to read up on your facts before you start posting your nonsense, being gay has been shown time and time to be as natural as snow. Do some research on homosexuality in the animal world, and please for the love of god get educated on the topics you post about before spewing any more of this crap.

24. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So… in all my life — 45 years of it — being gay I have never ever met a straight man (100% heterosexual) who suddenly started to like men.

Someone like you describe has in all probability been bisexual all along.

Because it is in fact a pretty loaded question, usually with the subtext or agenda of proving:

"Ah gotcha! So it IS a choice after all. So go back to choosing to be straight, you dirty homo."

That is why we tend to get angry.

OP, thanks for changing the title. ;)

25. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

That makes sense, but Ive heard and known of guys where it was almost like a light switch or an epiphany. Maybe they were lying, but it usually was brought about after a breakup with a girl and a gay best friend consoled them through it and feelings developed.

And no, I'm not like that and I would never say such a terrible thing. Homosexuals are not dirty people. I just like asking questions in the pursuit of knowledge to understand people more.