Penis cakes for everyone!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Michael Goff, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

http://www.mediaite.com/online/tea-...ves-christians-into-baking-giant-penis-cakes/

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I would welcome penis cakes at weddings. One can only eat just so much vagina cake before wanting to try something different. :eek:

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I had no idea that homosexuals were constantly naked and performing sexual acts, even in front of their families and friends at their own wedding. :rolleyes:

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think there are many who only think of gay/lesbian sex acts when they hear someone is gay.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I call that small minded, as they clearly demonstrate.

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Well you live in New England. It's too cold for such things.

Anyway, it's all nonsense, of course. A bakery can only be asked to provide the type of cakes they make. Some only make traditional cakes, others will make just about anything you want. But penis cakes would be for the stag party.

This is the best wedding cake I ever saw. It was for a straight couple in Seattle who both worked in the film industry - if I recall one in special effects and the other in prosthetic makeup. The wedding invitations were done as a movie poster.

[​IMG]

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oy.

If a baker were offend by the shape of the cake they were asked to make, there would be no way to "force them to make it".

If a photographer were put off by the prospect of taking nude photos, there'd be no way to force them to take them.

On the other hand ...

If a baker is so traumatized by the act of writing in icing, "Congratulations John & John" on an otherwise normal wedding cake, then that is personal problem and they might want to reconsider what they do for a living.

If a photographer is so traumatized by the thought of photographing a homosexual wedding, they can always come up with the excuse that they are unavailable on that day.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Actually, flat out ****ing crazy is the term I'd use after reading that letter.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I hope this isn't news to anyone, but there is already a semi-thriving industry of "erotic bakery" - ie. people whose business model involves making cakes into the shape (and color) of various sexual organs and scenarios.

If you want a penis cake, or simply a way to let your loved one know how much you appreciate her breast augmentation surgery - you've got plenty of options.

And to all those straight-laced, prudish boring bakers out there - don't worry. When I'm looking for a little naughty patisserie to spice up my next Pagan orgy - I won't come knocking' at your door.

10. Prof., Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Gays are sexual deviants who are incapable of falling in love and maintaining that special bond that heterosexual couples have. They just want sex sex and more sex.

Of course this isn't true, but I know quite a few people who believe this: gays are incapable of falling in love and our relationships are only about sex. Therefore same-sex relationships should not be given the same rights as straight couples.

This belief is proven when people (mostly men) ask me: "Brandon, have you ever thought about trying Vagina? You might like it".

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

And then they try to call gays "perverts".

Who's really perverted? The two adults who can have a mature relationship in private?

Or the wackjob religious folks who obsess, freak out, and try to stick their nose in others private lives? ;)

12. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

I'm starting to wonder why the same example keeps being brought up - bakeries. Do Christians (PDHPB) not own other businesses that also might serve gays?

13. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I am okay with it, as long as they are required by law to make vagina cakes as well.

So people think it is okay to force business owners to make penis cakes but not alright to force them to allow people to carry concealed in their establishments??!

I guess the saying is true, you can't have your penis cake and eat it too.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What an awful thing to say to someone, I'm sorry society hasn't progressed to the point where respect is given as the default.

On a side note, I find some of the most anti-gay people I've come across exude this macho attitude where relationships seem. To be (in their mind) purely about sex. It makes me feel bad for someone living such an extraordinary shallow existence, and even worse for the person whom would want to be with someone like that.

15. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Well, really, they don't want any business to serve gays. But if they say cake stores, they can seem semi-reasonable.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I think this might be considered an extreme example that someone could probably opt out of if they feel uncomfortable doing it. The key word here, though, is extreme. Like if someone wants to have a really crazy wedding and wants the caterers to show up buck naked while playing the wedding march on kazoos while someone executes a herd of Emus behind the podium with an RPG the groom's crazy uncle somehow managed to smuggle back to the states from Afghanistan, I doubt the sexual orientation of the couple being married would play much of a part in someones decision to turn that gig down. If you don't want to be involved in that, you don't have to be involved in that.

But if it's a regular wedding, and the responsibilities asked of you aren't any different from any other bog standard wedding, with the only difference being that it's a gay couple getting hitched, then make the goddamn cake, and cater the goddamn event. They have as much of a right to be catered as anyone.

17. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

If reasonableness is the goal, they shouldn't be confusing product choice with customer choice. A bakery should have the right to make and not make whatever kinds of cakes they want. It shouldn't have the right to say who can buy them.

If they want to discriminate so badly, they should just double their prices and hand out 50% coupons to people they do like.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Are you paying even the slightest attention to what people have said in this thread?

Who here has advocated forcing people to make penis cakes?

And thank you for bringing guns into the argument.

That's so unusual for you.

19. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Nobody is actually forcing anyone to make a penis cake. That's rhetoric, just like "if we let the gays marry, pedophilia and bestiality is next".

Then again, we had a point in the US where there were more states that had legal bestiality than homosexuality. I know it was the case 3 years ago, anyway.

20. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

As a wedding photographer myself, show me the money and I'll shoot. Penis cake, vagina cake, hermaphrodite cake, gay, straight, bi... who cares :p

21. vega07 macrumors 65816

Funny enough, out of all his posts, this one takes the cake (pun intended) for me.

He really is not from this world.

22. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

College kids have been buying penis cakes for their birthdays for years :D

23. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

There was a whole episode of Friends about buying a penis cake accidentally for Ross's son's first birthday.

And trying to reshape it into a rabbit.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is it OK that I still think it looks delicious?

25. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Well, I hope this doesn't come as a shock, but it means....

No...sorry...I don't do free consultation.

;):D