Penn-Trafford High meal service in black

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 22, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/11755176-74/lunch-program-lunches
    COOL.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so junk food is back sales are up kids are fat. the republican way. big sugar winds again I guess.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the liberal way has the "food" in the trash...........

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes liberals like healthy food conservatives like junk. makes sense now all the anger is from all the junk food. what is shows is how poorly Americans eat. of course I am being sarcastic for those that don't understand it.
    why would conservatives no like wasted food it is more profit for companies. More sarcasm.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Because most 15yr olds make wise meal choices and choose the cobb salad over the hamburger. :rolleyes: They can't even figure out where to smoke and not get a detention.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yep.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

B-b-but FREEDUMB!

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

kids are neither liberal nor conservative, they have been however HUNGRY under the liberal dreams that they will eat healthy.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    18 to die for your country but 21 to drink or smoke :p

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

France does it (in ALL of their public schools), and for less than America spends on school lunch (aka subsidies to private food contractors).

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Fully protected until born, then immediately and forever obliged to bootstrap self into making responsible personal choices = the Republican Way.

Any kid can learn to like healthful foods. Even if not introduced to them until in school. Okay so maybe should be opt-out in schools, if some people insist healthy school food is from a "nanny state" cafeteria.

"I understand I am allowing my child to eat unhealthful foods of his own damn choice."
    Signed, Parent with Superior Knowledge of Constitutional Right to Be an Idiot.

Much more to the point of my barb about The Republican Way: if you make healthful choices in food then you are far less likely to end up with premature heart attacks from obesity, or having other expensive medical issues related to early onset of Type 2 diabetes.

The GOP says it wants to replace ACA with something more "affordable" to taxpayers, let them acknowledge that healthful eating in schools is part of preventive medicine, the dolts.

Let them also acknowledge half the time in little bodegas in urban school areas, there is no fresh produce available, it's all canned or else tasty but junk food high in fat, salt, sugar. Whatever food they get that is really healthful is not going to show up on their kitchen table at home.

Sometimes even people using food pantry along with SNAP cannot get fresh produce enough into their meals. So for some kids, schools with "nanny" cafeteria may be a source of the only fresh stuff they're going to get, until they're grownups with no intention to eat healthful foods because they never learned it.

The GOP argues for good parenting then leaves the kid dangling if there is no good parent home or not enough money to provide what "good parenting" is supposed to set out for the kid. Life in a bubble...

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Isn't it still 18 for tobacco?

12. Meister, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

Meister Suspended

Meister

I've never really occupied myself with this national school lunch thing ... so far.

Now I've read up on it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_School_Lunch_Act

Damn that's some stupid, fascist ****!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    Not every diet is healthy for every person.

This program forces people to buy fruit or veggies.
    More importantly it also only allows a limited amount of calories to be provided through fats.

What about people who live healthy on a ketogenic diet?

You gonna force feed them carbs and knock them out of ketosis?

Fascist bs!

13. poloponies macrumors 68030

Do you even have a basic comprehension of the words you use? How is it "fascist?"

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes let them eat conservative junk food not a big deal right? your argument is just supporting poor eating. that is a conservative idea because more profits and tax subisties are gained that way.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This is your response to a suggestion that parents be allowed to opt out. Fascinating.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

It's my response to parts of your post to about reeducating people to eat what the nanny state thinks is healthy.

1. There is no consensus on what is healthy becauce it varies from person to person

2. It's not the governments job to train people to eat a certain way

3.It's not the governments job to feed people

4. The reasons americans are morbidly obese and unhealthy is the fact that the government started to dabble in peoples nutrition and health education in the first place.

Meanwhile in europe folks just ate what they've always been eating.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

1. What's on those school lunch plates is more healthful than burgers and fries. Let the parent opt out if he takes a look at the menu offerings and goes "That ain't gonna work for my kid."

2. The GOP says parents should educate their children to take personal responsibility and basically says if that doesn't happen then hey, tough beans, the kid is screwed if he can't figure out how to be a responsible adult. The Dems say how about giving him a clue while he's in school. I say how about letting the parent opt out on the lunch thing.

3. It's certainly not the government's job to ignore food insecurity of its citizens. Malnutrition statistics, data on impact of juvenile eating habits on obesity, and impact on obesity on health in adult life all point to importance of children eating well. Again, let parents opt out if they believe they have the correct approach to feeding their child.

4. Your assertion in your own point #4 raised my eyebrows. Where do you get that idea? From some industry study that wants more sugar and salt left in people's processed foods LOL ?

"Meanwhile in Europe.... " = another false assertion. A surprising one, too considering usually if a leftie raises some point about "elsewhere in the developed world..." the right slams in with "well this is America." I offer for example on that one the subject of medical care coverage.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it was changed here in CA IIRC.

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

No, Breitbart, my response was to your original post. Maybe it's not viewable on your screen but I was responding to the post that ended "Damn that's some stupid, fascist ****!" not the stuff you added after my post was uploaded. You are a true Trump disciple.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it's either food they want or it's trash that WE pay for....

21. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I think Meister is trolling on the low, there's no way he believes half the stuff he posts.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

depending on the cafeteria size/staff that might not be possible .

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

you really don't know how the us government made it's own citizens sick and obese?

I recommend this documentary:
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/fat-head/

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I don't know what is on your screen. I responded to Meister's double post, not to what you subsequently said to Meister..

25. Meister Suspended

Meister

And who says burgers and fries are unhealthy per se?