Pennsylvania High School Students Organize ‘Anti-Gay Day,’ Complete With ‘Lynch List’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Apr 19, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

This is disgusting. I say expel the little Teahadist redneck spawn for hate speech.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Someday this kind of **** will no longer fly.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

An American high school was plastered with anti-gay posters, eh? Where are the photographs? Why is this story nowhere to be found except on a few obscure pro-gay blogs with the word "alleged" attached to every headline?

I suspect in reality this event is nothing more than some Beavis & Butthead types on Facebook telling each other "Hey man, tomorrow is anti-gay day. Wear flannel."

4. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Obscure pro-gay blogs??

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local...chool-allegedly-organize/nkxJY/#__federated=1

Unless WPXI is a pro-gay blog, I don't see your point here.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

6. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

That's pretty standard wording for news articles, especially when there are legal investigations involved. It also makes sense that this story is being reported by a local news station, it hasn't gone national. I don't see this as a reason to question the validity of the allegations, it's not like they're being made by one person.

7. aaronvan, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, if this is an extensive, organized movement with active bullying then that HS has serious issues. However, like I said above more likely it's a few Facebook trolls and some gullible parents. A big red-flag is the claim that anti-gay posters were hung all over the high school. I simply don't believe it.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

9. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

No one in my school did this and it wouldn't fly. It's not like it's a typical thing like bullying. :rolleyes:

"Breaking: High School Students Burn Down School"

"HS kids did something stupid, what a shock.:rolleyes:"

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Does the Day of Silence have anything to do with Kevin Jennings, radical homosexual activist that President Obama hired as the school czar? That guy is really out there.

Barack Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Kevin Jennings is the founder of GLSEN. He was paid $273,573.96 as its executive director in 2007. Jennings was the keynote speaker at the 2000 GLSEN conference.

In March 2000 the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) organization of Massachusetts held its 10 Year Anniversary GLSEN/Boston conference at Tufts University. This conference was fully supported by the Massachusetts Department of Education, the Safe Schools Program, the Governor’s Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth, and some of the presenters even received federal money.

During the 2000 conference, workshop leaders led a “youth only, ages 14-21″ session that offered lessons in “fisting.” During the same workshop an activist asked 14 year-old students, “Spit or swallow?… Is it rude?”

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And how the hell is any of this relevant to this thread, which is regarding being homophobic to the point of passing around names of kids who should be lynched?

If you have a point to make regarding the topic, please make it, so it can be debated; because what you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with it.

BL.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This is standard practice in news writing. Crimes are always alleged, people are suspected or accused of. At the end of a case, a person might be convicted of a crime.

I'd like to see stronger reporting on this, but in the meantime, none of these qualifiers should counter the story.

A red herring of a post copied almost entirely from a 2009 Breitbart.com story.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

School czar?

According to wikipedia he was, "Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools at the U.S. Department of Education from 2009-11."

Further on in the article ...

So is that false allegation what you consider "really out there"?

If not, please clarify.

Edit: DOH! Silly me. It's just Mellish. Sorry for taking that post seriously.

15. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

It's 21st Century bullying…. because they are using the power of social media to organize and coordinate their bullying efforts.

As everyone knows by now, social media is a powerful tool that can be used for malicious intents, as the Middle Eastern terrorists like ISIS and al-Qaeda have proven.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Silence:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Jennings:
    Yep, math checks out :rolleyes:

You conservatives will really do anything to connect anything negative to President Obama, won't you?

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

This is pretty sickening. I don't read anywhere that the school is endorsing it but perhaps they need to improve their education on such matters. In reality I think some of the blame is attributable to the parents and their parenting.

And what does flannel have to do with sexuality anyways? :confused:

18. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I love wearing flannel. I guess that means I'm a redneck homophobic gay-bashing spawn that resulted from an orgy between Ann Coultier and Hannity/Limbaugh/Beck

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Apparently these Pennsylvania kids don't know enough of the world. I'm informed that there are more than a few gay bars where flannel shirts (and beards) are de rigueur.

Yes: Stories like this are unfortunate. But I'm not sure we can really legislate, or even educate them out of existence. High school kids are, by definition, on the very cusp of figuring out what there own sexuality is all about. And most (if not all) of them are struggling with insecurities, doubts, fears, and more than a few unanswered questions.

20. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

There is no such thing as a straight lumberjack.

21. dec. Suspended

dec.

I found it slightly ironic that they picked flannel, which was huge in the so called "bear" scene in the late 90s/early 00s...

On Topic: Not much you can do against something like this, but going by the backlash online, I'd say that the whole thing didn't really work out well for them...

22. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Perhaps these protesters could be coerced into a more fitting sack cloth raiment. Hopefully it'd rub them up the wrong way.

KGB:cool:

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You do know flannel was not invented by Tom of Finland?

24. dec. Suspended

dec.

You know that I did not say that?

25. FieldingMellish Suspended

The question called for a simple yes or no.