Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

CNN

Ok, does anyone expect the GOP to finally stop its opposition to eliminating DADT, or will they do everything they can to keep their wedge issue?

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

The GOP will always oppose things like this. They are a bunch of bigoted, frightened fairy tale following children.

I blame the adults IE. Obama and the Demorcrats for not eliminating the program on day one of his administration.

3. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

When it came up a couple of months ago, GOP leaders only opposed it because this review was still pending.

4. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Yes, but that was back when they assumed the Pentagon report on the subject would tell them exactly what they wanted to hear. Now that the military leadership have revealed themselves to be commie hippie godless queer-loving America-haters, expect major backpedaling. You'd better believe they are rushing to erect another goalpost.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

An Open Letter to Republicans in Congress:

Please end this ridiculous policy already. You may all go back to being a bunch of ****ing closeted homos after. There are plenty of other culture issues to keep the status quo.

6. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I thought gays started crying when they held guns. And they would hate being in battle due to the lack of skin cream.

Duh.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

hmmmmm, are you sure the concern wasn't that gays with a military kit fetish would start an orgy when given guns?

9. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Of course, how stupid of me. :)

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

As I suspected. From day one I wouldn't have enforced DADT... silly me for thinking President Obama would have spearheaded change in this area. Quick change. Believe me, I wasn't on this Obama bandwaggon but I thought he'd actually accomplish something simple like ending DADT with his Democratic majorities back in '09.

link

But hey, President Obama seems to be on board. McCain can't stall anymore, too. The troops, by and large, support ending DADT so let's get it done.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It should end, but you can bet that the Republicans will try to kill it. They want Obama to fail at everything. They do not care about what is good for the country. They only care for power. Don't believe me? Just watch.

We love guns. We love anything that shoots. ;)

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Next up on the agenda, replace Semper Fi with Fab-u-lous. :D

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Nice. :D

But why the negatives?? Put the gays is harms-way, and some might be killed in the process.

Does this not advance God's will. :rolleyes:

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

everyone deserves equal opportunity if they are enlisting to protect our country ... sexual preference is hardly an issue when you are in a gun battle.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Dying for your political masters might be more apropos.

But I would certainly prefer having a gay soldier, that might be interested in my ass, protecting it, than some macho yahoo.

16. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Isn't it sad a study had to be done for this? How would gays hurt the military? Does John McCain seriously think the military is THAT bigoted?

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

And so you continue the stereotyping.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No, just calling a spade a club.

In the battlefield, I would welcome a vested interest in my continued survival.

19. skunk, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You might spend your time more usefully looking out for your comrades in arms whatever their sexual orientation.

20. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

I wonder if they'll make it retroactive. If DADT has been firing an average of two people per day since 1994, that adds up to over 10,000 given the boot just because of where they like to put their boot. bad joke. But seriously, if thousands of people lost their pensions and healthcare over this, then I wonder if they could get their pensions back.

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

This is beneath you.

Time for bed.

22. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Great whats next? Pink tanks:confused:... Natural selection will weed them out. Any portion of a society that can not reproduce obviously was not meant to and will cease to exist....

Take for example the animal kingdom...do we seriously think homo creatures or a race of critters that had an abundance of homo members would last long? doubtful .

My two cents like it or not. Facts are facts.

23. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I get what you're trying to say. :)
    You're just saying that "worst case" it's still a good situation, fighting alongside a gay soldier.

I haven't been in the military, but if I was fighting alongside a woman, my "macho" feelings would cause me to probably be more protective of her than of the men in the battle.

Of course this is all conjecture. :p

24. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Two flaws with your "facts":

1. Gay people are not incapable of reproducing.
    2. Gay people do not have gay children. You don't pass along some gay gene.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Lol you may want to go back and actually observe a bit of nature before you post this crap again. What we call "homosexuality" is rampant in the animal kingdom.