Pentagon 'loses track' of U.S. weapons in Yemen

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 18, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-loses-500-million-weapons-yemen-141526040.html

that is AWESOME, no one fired yet?

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Playing devil's advocate here.. From the link:

Bold for emphasis.

If the Pentagon donated it to Yemen, wouldn't the responsibility of the inventory of it be at the hands of Yemen? I don't see how the Pentagon is responsible for this, if they donated it to Yemen. This sounds like a lack of responsibility with officials in Sana'a.

BL.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This seems to be more because of the U.S. hasty exit from the country that they lost track of the weapons. The country fell apart, we left and now the rebels are in control of the weapons.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Donating weapons to Yemen is the genius under President Obama's Pentagon. Handing over equipment sure to land in enemy hands.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Just like it was pure genius of Reagan to do the same thing to the mujahideen during the USSR's invasion of Afghanistan in 1981? With one of the recipients of those weapons being a person named Osama bin Laden?

BL.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, then we need to replace those weapons ASAP.

The Military-Industrial Complex will send Obama a nice Xmas card this year.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

You won't want me to get started on the long list of of Obama administration calamitous foibles as it pertains to his military decisions.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

im so scared

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

To be on point about Reagan administration weapons in Afghanistan, look toward the source. America’s covert war in Afghanistan, using Pakistan as a launch pad, was initiated during the Carter administration prior to the Soviet “invasion”.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/9-11-analysis-from-ronald-reagan-and-the-soviet-afghan-war-to-george-w-bush-and-september-11-2001/20958

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

WRONG on both ends.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

****ing pathetic. Sadly, it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

2012 in Libya
    Several times in Syria
    A **** load of time in Iraq
    In Afghanistan
    2011 in Somalia

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we should have left a long time ago.

13. Robisan macrumors 6502

This reminds me of the time when Bush lied us to war because Saddam wanted nukes, Rumsfeld told us they knew where the WMDs were, Iraqi nuclear sites were looted after invasion because we failed to secure them and our dumbass country reelected Bush anyway.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we have a history of re-electing worthless morons, like the current one, sadly I see NO ONE talking about ending the war at all.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nobody's at war, it's just a spot of aerial policing.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Wasn't long ago when wunderkind Obama's security detail let people get perilously close to the White House, as in, walking through the front door and traipsing around some. So the lost weapons come as no surprise.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Perilously close? Dude, I've been IN the White House! If getting close is 'perilous', then by your reckoning, I, and everyone in my 8th grade class should have been shot dead.

Again, this is rather irrelevant.. but in your mind, as irrelevant, as say, selling weapons to a country who had long been under an arms embargo to fund a guerrilla movement in another country to free prisoners.

BL.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sorry to interrupt your ODS but WTF does the Secret Service have to do with the Pentagon "losing track" of weapons. Does Fox News play in San Marcos?

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

You apparently never heard when a guy hopped the fence, made it across the lawn, and walked into the White House without being stopped or challenged.

----------

A pattern of ineptness in serious matters, if I must clarify the obvious.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What the **** has Obama got to do with the secret service being incompetent?

Or is the real issue having a black man in the White House?

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

And we have a winner! Pop goes the race card. The equivalent of Staple's Easy Button that's employed when you've got nothing else in your quiver. Well done.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Tell you what, Mr Mellish: Prove to me you aren't a racist.

Tell me, in two hundred words or less, what you - military and political expert that you are, with the full benefit of 20/20 hindsight - believe should have been done in Yemen.

Please, go ahead. Tell me exactly what a genius like you would have done differently. What faction would you have backed. Would you have invaded the country? Would you have simply left it to be taken over by the Iranian-backed insurgents? Or the al-Quada backed insurgents? Or would you have preferred to let it simply dissolve into another Somalia.

Enquiring minds are anxiously awaiting your expert answer.

But I don't think you have one.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If conservatives don't want liberals to pull the race card they need to stop blaming Obama for things that he has no control over.

It's very difficult to understand why you'd criticise Obama for things that have nothing to do with him.

24. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Exactly. Nobody serious would blame Bush for having a secret service scandal under his presidency, unless he was directly involved. If anything, lax security at the white house would make the President and his family, as likely targets, the victims.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The buck stops with Obama on anything related to military endeavours.