All iPads People disgruntled with iOS 8 on <air2,mini3 have you swapped?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thadoggfather, Nov 13, 2014.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I'd think genius bar would still have boat loads of iOS 7 stock.

I'm debating it for my rMini but jailbreak is imperative as is a good screen and I don't know that I want to roll that dice.

8.1 isn't as buggy as 7.0.4 that would constantly crash safari on 64-bit with 10 minutes of casual use (had to use 7.1b2 evad3rs jb until 7.1.2 pangu) but jeez is it lame that all of versions for rMini life only 7.1.x has been acceptable to my standards

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

What's wrong with the iPad Mini 2 on 8.1? I haven't found any issues.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

It just feels less zippy in general.

You have to move the screen to be able to press buttons on safari sometimes, multitasking gestures unexpectedly ends, there's lag after you press the keys I dunno. Just doesn't feel fully optimized

4. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Worse than my Air on 7.1. Wifi very slow at some locations and it crashes and hangs more than I ever had on the Air. Should have returned it but I like slightly lighter and thinner new toys! Hoping the issues will be resolved with later ios releases. Still got my old Air so not a real problem.

5. ttran88 macrumors regular

You've probably heard this before, but how bout a fresh install? My iPad mini 2 is perfect on 8.1

6. minimo3 macrumors 6502

I'm so glad someone else has noticed this! I thought my screen was malfunctioning or my hands were too dry, but scrolling the screen up/down makes the links clickable again.

7. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
    Never had any issues like this with any previous Apple devices but I guess software gets more complicated and error prone as it progresses. Still love them though!

8. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

It's terrible on iOS 8.1. I really hope that eventually it gets to the speeds of 7.1.2