People do not seem to be happy connected to my secondary FB account

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hajime, Jan 9, 2017.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, two months ago I created a second FB account to connect to people whom I met at the gym (whose friends I try to stay away from and don't want my personal info to be leaked to) or those whom I don't know well. One of them whom I don't want to connect to my main account sent a friend request to that account. One girl from the gym responds to me occasionally and obviously that she does not want to go for a drink with me. As our teachers are connected to my main account, she probably knows that I put her in a secondary account. Another one never replies. Does it matter whether I connected them via my main or secondary account? Maybe those in my secondary account think that are some kind of secondary citizen?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My guess is no one likes being on the second string team. ;) Would the aquaintenences category help the situation? There could still be work for you if you have to block their stream so the don't offend your primary Facebook relationships. I've not been on Facebook in months.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

One girl asked me if I use FB first. I connected her to my second account.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 10, 2017 ---
    It seems to be the case. What is aquaintenences category?
    I got too many friends on my FB. I don't remember who is who. Sometimes I removed some girls from my list but when I tried to reconnect them later or send them a message, they just ignored me. Girls don't like guys who remove them from FB friend list?

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

By designating friends as acquaintances, you can control which of your posts they can see. What I'm not sure about, is if they can see all of your friends posts in general (I assume they can). Look it up. And you can block their stream from your page, if they are prone to posts which you don't want your primary friends seeing. It might just be easier to keep them in the secondary account.

I could see boys and girls offended if you defriend them. That's people for you. :)

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Or maybe they have no idea who you are.

7. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Looks like a big source of the problem is there. Time to trim IMHO.

8. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Are you friends with Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds?
    That's a great way to manage the "depth" of the friendship, Acquaintance / Friend / Close Friend, selective posting, you stay in touch at the level you want (I have some relatives as Friends, but my Close Friends are just that and we post without much curation :D)