Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
I use my iPhone a LOT. And now I've learned to use the 12" MB retina as my main laptop, which means I'm on the go a lot with it. And the iPad Pro. After 5 years I've successfully transfered 95% of my work from a Windows desktop to 3 Apple devices that are easy to take with me. FREEDOM!

I have the grandfathered data plan on my iPhone. I love it, even though I can't use 5 zillion GB a month, the freedom to go over 30GB if I need to is priceless. But I also am blown away with how my other phone provides such great wifi when I use it as a hotspot.

I also learned (from these forums) that my UDplan will work if I put the sim into a little Verizon ellipsis hotspot, and that lets me download on my laptop or iPad an iTunes movie now and then without problem.

I have no problem giving up the phone and text options by leaving that sim card in the little Verizon Ellipsis thingy. If my monthly bill for that sim card is worth it to me to keep using only the Ellipsis as the home for that sim card, could I expect to keep doing that going forward without problems? Not switching it back and forth to different devices, just leaving it in the Ellipsis box, and using it for moderate wifi regularly and downloading a TV show a few times per week. Or does anyone here have experience where at some point it will make a problem with my account?

I've researched this online, but I figured the experience of some Apple device power users would give me a more realistic assesment of the dangers (if any). Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.