People Have A 'Fundamental Right' To Own Assault Weapons,

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ional-protection_us_56b38ec7e4b08069c7a65c21?

freaking AWESOME, hope CA is next.

2. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

We need a dose of that in NY, to cure the SAFE Act.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes it has been proven assault weapons protect their owners. not sure from what since you have a larger chance of getting hit by lighting but hey fear is king.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Do you have a fundamental right to own a rocket-Propelled grenade as well? How about a fully-functional tank? A nuke? A multi-warhead ICBM? A Death Star? What exactly is the extent of ones second amendment rights?

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you just list arms? because the 2nd is your right to keep & bear arms. BTW WHERE can I buy all of the above? death star would be AWESOME.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

just find the right street corner or a gun show. a assault rife is a poor choice to protect your home.

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Arms is short for armaments, which is just another word for weapons. The second amendment does not specify guns. So in theory it could apply to any device specifically made to kill.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well , thanks are RPG's seem to be ok with the right LIC
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18732_6-things-you-wont-believe-are-more-legal-than-marijuana_p2.html
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    technology at it's best :D
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a17823/diy-portable-railgun-reddit/

needs work but it's a start

9. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Seems the Appellate court is not buying the *assault weapon* rhetoric, and called semi auto rifles what they are actually are - modern mechanism rifles - not machine guns used in war.

10. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

All depends on what dumb ass democratic politician is trying to write the definition of "assault rifle". Maybe it's same one who sponsored the "Scarlet Letter Rape Bill" ? :rolleyes:

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Either way it makes the "arms" that the founding fathers were familiar with look like children's toys.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

er, they had cannons & could make bombs with their powder, try making bombs legally now.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

A cannon cannot be held in your hand. You cannot casually stroll around a hallway, shooting people left and right, with a cannon. In fact they were very difficult to move around.

Ah yes, bombs... AKA weapons. AKA armaments! If you just blindly follow the wording of the second amendment, then those should be legal too! (Mind you, modern explosive devices similarly make the ones that the founding father's used look trifle)

14. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Actually the muskets of the founding fathers were weapons of war using the latest technology available to them, and their 50 caliber musket balls were way larger than the bullets people use today.

Government agencies and swat teams use weapons of war as in full automatic machine guns. The regular public does not as *machine guns* have not been available since 1935 to the public.

Bowie knives were weapons of war - *assault weapons*, which would make your kitchen and carving knives *assault weapons*. :D

15. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

My choice of home protection firearm would be a shotgun. At short range, accurate aim is not a major concern. Compared to regular bullets, the shot is less likely to penetrate the wall, so lower chance of innocent bystanders getting shot. Bonus points because, no matter what language you favor, the sound of a shotgun cocking is universally understood that sh-- is about to get real.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if liberals left ARs & STANDARD capacity magazines of 15-30 depending on platform ALONE there would not be that many legal challenges to the extreme stupidity they wish to enforce.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    had my winchester 1300 speed pump by the bed available to my wife & kids, since I started carrying it's been in the safe as I keep the 1911 on my and near me when going to sleep.

17. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Well the standards are different for govt vs the public. Govt *we shoot off hundreds of boolits to down a criminal, but regular folks only need 10! to defend themselves*

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Death Stars are so last year. I'm looking into a used star killer base.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that pisses me off, here in CA cops, even retired ones who are no different from a retired plumber can have those mags for PERSONAL use. not for work, for PERSONAL use as they see fit. guess them & their families are more important than ours. [​IMG]

20. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It doesn't matter if they were the latest technology back then. They're complete junk by today's standards. Highly inaccurate, slow to reload, and expensive to produce and maintain. Not to mention the fact that they produced huge plums of black smoke which severely limited battlefield visibility.

And why don't they have machine guns? Those are arms too! If the second amendment is truly sacrecent as the right seems to believe it is, then those should be perfectly legal!

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lets hope it gets interpreted that way :D

22. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Some days I wonder if you're actually trying to bring about a Mad Max-style apocalypse.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

But if that day arrives, like Stockton's neighbors trying with a battering ram to break in his bomb shelter, you'll be crying for protection from gun owners.

Sinnerman, where you gonna run to?
    Where you gonna run to?
    All along dem day

24. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Complete junk? You have absolutely no knowledge of how these muskets perform.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

machine guns ARE legal in SOME states, FUN but EXPENSIVE as hell

bring on the artillery