People in the UK- wait in line for ipad 2 for hours or order online?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Mar 22, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Whats everybody doing? I will likely just order online. Will get on apple's site by midnight and order straight away which will hopefully mean I will get the ipad 2 within 3 or 4 days. I have waited forever for an ipad..whats a few more days?

I want

a 16 wifi ipad 2.

Be interesting if the smart covers will be available to buy.

I thought about queing at my local apple store but really the risk for me is if I don't get one that day by waiting in line I will be waiting even longer as by the time i get home the chances are the online orders will be a good two weeks wait.

too risky for me.

2. 482214 macrumors 6502

If I was you I would risk the lines... Delivery is likely to be far longer than a few days with current supply and demand issues.

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm waiting for the Pre-Order to be announced as Apple have been promising us, and still are, on their web site. Must be soon now, with only a few days left before launch day.

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm in two minds about it, just depends how long the waiting time will be. If I order when it is out my chances increase on getting here in good time.

5. THFourteen macrumors 6502

@Piggie

sorry mate, there won't be pre-orders now.

its Tuesday, if they went live tonight, the earliest they could be shipped is Wednesday, and the launch-time stock comes from the factories in the far east, so they would not get to you by Friday.

I think it will be, order at midnight on friday, recieve next week, probably thursday or friday.

6. Decked macrumors member

I'm just going to order as soon as i can.....
    Who care if I don't get it on day 1? I can wait 2-3 weeks if i have to ;)

7. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Order online and queue, if you get one from queueing, cancel your online order. If not, then it's still coming.

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

i could wait that long, but wouldn't want to. a week? fine, afterall i have never had an ipad so whats an extra week?

9. 482214 macrumors 6502

I think you'll be looking at several weeks... Take a look at other threads in relation to global supply and time lime.

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Why do Apple still say there will be Pre-Orders on their Web Site then? :confused:

It would take them 5 minutes to change if, if they are no longer going to stick to their promise.

11. Decked macrumors member

That's fine! Have even been thinking about delaying getting one so that any balcklight issues or anything like that can be sorted out.
    I'm deffo not going to wait in line, if I was that desperate i'd be paying somone to wait in line for me.

12. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Think i have decided to just order online.

although it depends what my order says when i buy. if it says 2-3 weeks then o will go and que.

13. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Several weeks? why would it be that long?

14. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

John Lewis no longer have the iPad 2 in their search results. Before you got the usual "coming March 25th banner".

Damn, looks like I'll be waiting a while for my iPad then...

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

If the UK launch is anything like the US launch, then if you order online, your iPad will be shipped from China and will "ship" in 3-5 business days, IF you order within the first hour or two of the site going live. Once it ships, you are still looking at 3-7 more days after that.

I ordered one via the US within 5 minutes of the site going live on March 11. It arrived on March 22 at my US address. 11 days total. Just be prepared it could take that long.

16. 482214 macrumors 6502

Hate to say I told you so... but