People that reserved for in-store pick up...have some info for ya.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasterChief, Jun 18, 2010.

1. MasterChief macrumors member

Just talked to multiple apple store reps and all of them confirmed that if you were one of the few to get an in-store reservation...your iPhone will be at the store until close.

Even if the non reservation stock runs out they will not sell your phone for the whole business day. People that plan on walking in will dispute this because theyre scared they wont get a phone. Sucks for them. Reservations rule!

(lol) with that...when do you plan on showing up? (if you reserved)

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Hmmm....I might still show up early just on the off chance (no, I'm not expecting it by any means) that some white ones show up to see if I might be able to swap. I'm not banking on it and have come to accept the black one even after having my heart set on the white, but if the option were given to me to switch, I would in a heartbeat.

4. joecg macrumors member

I'm gunna show up at 6:30am and hope I'm only in line a couple hours. Don't think it'll be too big of a problem because I'm in Madison, WI, so I highly doubt people will be camping out or anything.

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

This has always been the policy since they already paid for them.

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

nobody paid for reservations.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Ohh, I apologize. I had to read again, I thought the OP referred to AT&T.

8. kozlosap macrumors member

You're right, they aren't paid for, just reserved. This will be my first big line since the 1970's and Eagle tickets! LOL, I just aged myself. I think 4 AM is my time to get to the store in Sacramento - only 10 mins (with no traffic) from home.;)

9. dagored macrumors 65816

No, my reservation is just that. Not a pre-order. No CC info was taken.

EDIT: Man, you guys are fast.

10. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

The sales rep at the store I have my reservation told me that they would hold the phone until 5 PM. Idk if this is the case for other stores, but might want to check.

11. err404 macrumors 68020

This is a good point for people who did NOT get a reservation. Due to the pre-order debacle, I know a few people who reserved an in store pick-up as a backup plan for their pre-orders. You can count on some of the reservations not being picked up on Thursday, so if (when) they sell out on the first day, some should be available Friday morning.

12. oneals2focus macrumors regular

oneals2focus

:D :apple:

13. err404 macrumors 68020

Was this from Apple or a third party?

14. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

Im thinking of doing the same thing. I have work at 930...it takes about 28 mins to get to work from where im buying the iphone. You guys think ill be safe?

15. elephunkman macrumors 65816

My local apple store sells the same batch to reservations and non-reserved people. How do I know? They have a humungous batch of iPhones sitting on the genius bar tables and employees grab them from this HUGEEEE stack.

16. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

Apple store. Here in San Antonio.

17. err404 macrumors 68020

Yes, but they also have inventory control to make sure enough are left for reservations.

18. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Most likely, it is a good possibility that they may sell some people's reservations since there is no guarantee that the customer will show up.

19. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

5PM on a Thursday? That's utter crap. That can't hold well for people who work a standard day shift.

20. err404 macrumors 68020

The reservation email confirmation I received from Apple clearly states that it will be held until close of business. It will be difficult to get there before 5:00pm due to work. I may try to get to the store early just in case.

21. theman510 macrumors 6502

I plan on strolling in at noon, picking up my reserved phone, eating lunch and going back to work...all in my lunch hour. (at least this is how i'm dreaming it will go) Worst case I'll miss a bit of work!

22. ec51 macrumors 6502

That is all fine and dandy, however, if you read the fine print in your 'reservation' email;

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

And we all know some Apple employees are just as bad as At&t reps with regard to saying different things and not really knowing the truth - point in fact, I was in an Apple store on the 15th and heard an Apple employee explaining that they might take 1,500 reservations and only have 1,000 phones. Why you ask? Who knows, but the point - your reservation does not guarantee anything. First come - first served (with regard to at least the people who did reserve of course).

23. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I have one on reserve as my little insurance policy until I see the one I ordered from Apple has actually shipped. haha

Then, I'll cancel my reservation hopefully freeing it up for someone else. But think of all the people who reserved and won't show up.

24. elephunkman macrumors 65816

You're not the only one doing that. ;)

25. bluez3 macrumors member

i made a sucessful reservation for 1 with intent to get a 2nd in store to sign up under a new family plan. will they let me get the 2nd even though my confirmation email says 1, but has the family plan selected?